Odyssey x86 memory mapped gpio on Linux

Hi all, I was wondering if there is a way to access GPIO on the odyssey x86 by mapping the actual hardware gpio registers into application memory.

This approach would allow for dynamically configuring the pins as input or output and/or setting pull ups and pull downs.

For example the wiring pi library for gpio on the raspberry pi does use that approach as well as accessing the gpios through the sys file system.

As a reference, the raspberry pi and other boards have a device file called gpiomem for that which can be accessed by any user.

The reason I am asking is that I need very fast access to several gpio pins all at the same time and opening several files does not work in my use case.

I’m sorry that Intel doesn’t make this information available to us.

That’s so unfortunate as at the end of the day it unnecessarily limits the sales of the odyssey.

Is there any way anyone at your company can talk to intel about that?

GPIO hardware is usually super simple to program and it’s unlikely that they have some super cool GPIO technology that they want to keep secret.

Writing a gpiomem device is trivial once you have the hardware register map and I am sure they would be able to do that in a very short period of time: the raspberry pi driver is open source and other board manufacturers have taken it, changed the addresses to suit their devices and shipped it. It’s a really small amount of work.

系統開機時,使用 shell 一次解決問題。
1.若無法順利呼叫 shell 時,則須將使用者權限加入在 root groups。
2.若每次執行須輸入密碼時,則設置為 ALL=NOPASSWD: ALL
$visudo