Odyssey J4125v2 dead after BIOS update

I’ve tried but the chip is not recognized :frowning:

Could you please send me one? I’ve sent you an email

Sure,no problem. :grinning: :grinning:

@Bruce.Qin Could I please also get the .bin file ? I did the same misstake to (re)flash with wrong bios image. Thanks!

P.S. Attached is picture of board/chip

Sent, pls check your gmail box.

1 Like

Hey @Bruce.Qin is there any update on the chip shipment? Did you guys send it?

Thanks

Hello.
Please check the email, I have replied in the email.

@Bruce.Qin @Seeed-Liu
I did the same mistake and bricked my BIOS chip. The device won’t boot anymore…

Please send me the bin file, too…
If it doesn’t work to reprogram the chip, could I get a programmed chip, too? :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance!

Hello,
Have you tried removing and reinstalling the CMOS battery and then checking if there is HDMI output?

Yes, I did. I removed it (and the power cord) over night and plugged it in the next morning… The device is still dead (i.e. no HDMI-output)

This is the second device where this happens. I had the first one replaced by the seller… Maybe there should be a warning on the seedstudio wiki page, that the BIOS update is not for the new v2 devices.

I have a J-Link programmer that supports programming these chips. I just need the bin file for flashing.

@Seeed_Seraphina @Bruce.Qin @Seeed-Liu
Hi,
do you think I could get the binary file/documentation?

Thanks in advance!

Please release it to me, too.

I’m sorry to keep you waiting for such a time. We send it to you by message

No problem. Thank you very much! I’ll try it then.

@Bruce.Qin @Seeed_Seraphina Hi guys, I installed the new bios chip (it took a while but I was moving to a new place and didn’t have the time to check it) you sent me and now the Odyssey boots up, but now I remembered that I also updated the Embedded controller with the files in the wiki that I guess are only good for the v1 and not for the v2. Can I fix it? Can you send me the right EC files?

Right now the Odyssey boots up but it doesn’t recognize the NVMe nor the SSD I plugged with SATA

I’m sorry to keep you waiting for such a long time. We send it to you by message

1 Like

Good morning everyone. I am a new user here. I bought J4125 v2, but after the BIOS update, nothing works :frowning: only the blue LED on the switch is on. I’m asking for help, I’m asking for a BIOS dump from one of you. I will be grateful for your help. Thanks Matt

@Bruce.Qin - Thank you very much for your quick response on this matter. I received your *.bin image and immediately after that I was able to revive my Odyssey :slight_smile: Thank you once again.

Enjoy your project. :grinning:

Hello, My J4125 is also not booting to OS, is it possible to get the bios dump as well? Ive been trying to get my odyssey working for months…Please help! Thanks in advance.

Hello @grnch .
You can try unplugging the RTC and discharging it for 1 minute. Then plug it back in and power it up to see if it enters the BIOS. if it’s OK, you can reset the boot items in the BIOS.
BTW, is your Odyssey J4125 a v1 or v2 version?