No text display on LCD RGB Backlight

I was able to use the Grove LCD RGB Backlight with an Intel Edison using the “rgb_lcd” library. Initially all functions worked. But after a few hours of use, the text display is now very weak (hardly legible at all). The backlight functions per specification. I have varied all three RGB parameters (for the backlight) from 0 to 255. The backlight colors change correctly corresponding to the RGB values specified but no text is visible. I mention “not text is visible” simply because I feel that the display itself is weak.

Is there any way to increase the intensity of the text to the default/original value so that I can read the text? I have checked an re-checked the pin connections as well as back of the device for any visible or obvious operator errors but could not find any.

Please advise on how to resolve this issue.

Hello,

Could you please use the following code and send us a photo of the output.

[code]#include “rgb_lcd.h”
#include <Wire.h>

rgb_lcd lcd;

void setup()
{
lcd.begin(16, 2);

static uint8_t block[8]= { -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1 };
lcd.createChar(0, block);

lcd.setCursor(0, 0);
for (uint8_t i= 0; i < 16; ++i)
lcd.write((uint8_t)0);

lcd.setCursor(0, 1);
for (uint8_t i= 0; i < 16; ++i)
lcd.write((uint8_t)0);
}

void loop() {}

[/code]

Thanks and Regards

The backlight color is pure white. There is no visible text. See attached photo per your request.

One thing I forgot to mention (just for your reassurance), I am using +5V VCC per the recommended spec.

Thx.
Grove LCD RGB Backlight test.jpg

Ok,Could you please raise a ticket in the following link support.seeedstudio.com/ with a photo of your experimental setup we will take necessary action.

Thanks and Regards

Hello, I am having the same issue. I will post an image to support also.

Set the Voltage to 5v using the switch

thanks for everything