Networking support

Hello,
Do you have any information about networking (wifi/ble) support for micropython ?

Thank you in advance,
Daniel V.

1 Like

@DanielVALAT Sorry , Not yet, we are investigating how to implement it.

When you think is going to be available ?

We are not sure about a certain date. Please stay tuned with us for updates!

so could you please change the description on your webpages like e.g.:
Compatible with Arduino and MicroPython, Wio Terminal is an ATSAMD51-based microcontroller with wireless connectivity supported by Realtek RTL8720DN.

what’s the use if people order it, try to get it working, have to search the forum and then find out, that the products promise isn’t true? (to say it politely). now I have to figure out with my dealer who pays the shipping back and forth for a product not matching the specifications.

pls don’t argue unless the feature is there, just change the webpage to avoid “accidentally” fooling more people!!

2 Likes

Hi @d2d4.py,

The web pages and wiki have been updated, highlighting that wireless functionality is only supported by Arduino.

We initially pointed out that ArduPy is also supported hoping to bring more functionalities later. Please understand that ArduPy is quite new and we plan to gradually bring more functions in the future.

Best Regards,
Lakshantha

@lakshan any news pls ?
I have just a brick here … Just say if I have to go to another board.

2 Likes

is there any news on a “python lib” to bring out wireless connexion to ArduPy, circuitpython wath ever

it’s the fact i usualy use M5stack devices , i tried wio terminal , on paper it’s great but don’t annouce it’s circuitpython compatible because it’s a lie a wio terminal (IOT …) withour wireless connexion is ridiculous

2 Likes

I’m never going to buy any seed shit … he just lie on her product page and do not support her product after release …

disappointing! No wifi support for micropython on my new Wio terminal …

1 Like

Yes … ask for a return. Her ads is lying about this.

Is there any update for WiFi with ANY Python?
Yesterday I made a presentation to my company Innovation Team, and proposed using the Wio Terminal for a data logging controller because WiFi and RPi I/O compatibility.
Our Prototype data logger software was written in Python, and it would be great to simply migrate it to the Wio Terminal.
Since we have about 2,500 inserter machines in the field, we’re probably looking at purchasing between 600 and 1500 Wio Terminal units over the next three years.

Forget it, they lied.

1 Like

Another furious client, or should I say ex-client of Seeed. I bought 10 WIO Terminal for a course on IoT, and now I discover that is only an Arduino Toy. Very sad. I wish I read the forum before…

It support Micropython (cf MicroPython - Python for microcontrollers)
But no networking :frowning:
And no return from 2 years