Music Shield with Arduino Uno

Hello,

I am using the Seeedstudio Music Shield with Arduino Uno. Using Arduino 22 (modified with the portpins.h file as described in the garden document) I was able to compile and have the music_v1_13/music/music.pde working correctly with music playing out of the headphones.

However, the MusicShieldNewSDLib compiles and uploads and I get the following error through the serial monitor.

error: card.init failed
SD error: 1error: open file failed

Has anyone else had this same issue? I am wanting to just trigger a specific mp3 file from the arduino. Has anyone had any luck modifying the music_v1_13 to allow for this?

Did you name the file you want in the code?

playFile(“trackM.ogg”); change this line from “trackM.ogg” to the exact name of your desired track and comment out (or delete) any file names not used
playFile(“trackN.ogg”);
playFile(“trackO.ogg”);
/playFile(“blow0.wav”);
playFile(“blow1.wav”);
playFile(“blow2.wav”);
playFile(“blow3.wav”);
playFile(“buzzed0.wav”);
playFile(“buzzed1.wav”);
playFile(“buzzed2.wav”);
playFile(“buzzed3.wav”);
playFile(“drunk0.wav”);
playFile(“drunk1.wav”);
playFile(“drunk2.wav”);
playFile(“drunk3.wav”);
playFile(“few0.wav”);
playFile(“few1.wav”);
playFile(“few2.wav”);
playFile(“few3.wav”);
playFile(“mode0.wav”);
playFile(“mode1.wav”);
playFile(“mode2.wav”);
playFile(“mode3.wav”);
playFile(“nothing0.wav”);
playFile(“nothing1.wav”);
playFile(“nothing2.wav”);
playFile(“nothing3.wav”);
playFile(“wait0.wav”);
playFile(“wait1.wav”);
playFile(“wait2.wav”);
playFile(“wait3.wav”);
/
}

I had a similar thing happen and that allowed me to play specific files loaded on the card.
I also had problems using minisdHC cards and a 2 or 4 GB normal (nonHC) worked fine

Good luck
-E

I’ve got exactly the same problem.

Compiled and running with “music_v1_13”, just works & play the songs using the hard buttons to change track, … no more.
Compiled and having the same error with “MusicShieldNewSDLib” and “MusicShieldNewSDLib_r”.
I understand that the lastest two versions of the code has to be better, but i can’t run either.

The problem that’s not on the names of songs, my names are like “01.mp3” there’s no confusion here. On the serial monitor running “music_v1_13”, displays the name similar as “01 MP3” with a lot of blank spaces between the filename and the extension, and without the extension dot separator. Maybe the problem runs on this way?

I simply need to select, play and stop specific tracks with the arduino code, that’s my reason to bought this item, but there’s no documentation about it, and i don’t see any Stop or Pause command on any library. I’ve got the feeling that i bought the worst, and most complicated, expensive and stupid mp3 player of my life. I spend several hours to make any sounds. I’ve got a serious commitment with a client project, and i’ve lost a lot of time and money with this item, and i’m on the same start point. I’m thinking to buy a new and simply similar board on other provider, that can do it my needs in a simply way.

The hardware seems fantastic, and have a lot of functions and communication systems, but i think that the software and documentation does not have the same professional way.

I solved my problem using an Arduino Mega, with the same code, card, shield, … My conclusion, the Music shield is not compatible with any other arduino that the Mega versions.

Also no support for Mega 2560. I inquired and was told a 1280 should be fine for most applications. But when I was frustrated with the results on my 2009 and uno, I ordered a 2560 thinking “if a 1280 works why not the 2560” besides the 1280 was backordered everywhere I tried…
…I have also only had complete success with the 1280
-e

You have got to be kidding me…I just bought an Arduino2560 and musicshield for a new project but I just can’t get it to work together. Is it still these two don’t work together? That would be a real bummer…