I’ve got exactly the same problem.
Compiled and running with “music_v1_13”, just works & play the songs using the hard buttons to change track, … no more.
Compiled and having the same error with “MusicShieldNewSDLib” and “MusicShieldNewSDLib_r”.
I understand that the lastest two versions of the code has to be better, but i can’t run either.
The problem that’s not on the names of songs, my names are like “01.mp3” there’s no confusion here. On the serial monitor running “music_v1_13”, displays the name similar as “01 MP3” with a lot of blank spaces between the filename and the extension, and without the extension dot separator. Maybe the problem runs on this way?
I simply need to select, play and stop specific tracks with the arduino code, that’s my reason to bought this item, but there’s no documentation about it, and i don’t see any Stop or Pause command on any library. I’ve got the feeling that i bought the worst, and most complicated, expensive and stupid mp3 player of my life. I spend several hours to make any sounds. I’ve got a serious commitment with a client project, and i’ve lost a lot of time and money with this item, and i’m on the same start point. I’m thinking to buy a new and simply similar board on other provider, that can do it my needs in a simply way.
The hardware seems fantastic, and have a lot of functions and communication systems, but i think that the software and documentation does not have the same professional way.