Monitoring 2.4 GHz spectrum?

Dear Quad experts,

First of all I have quad HW V2.6 which is not updated for a while.

I am not an expert at electronics (I am electrician) but quad has already saved me ones when I found a faulty components of my TV set. So Quad is great anyway :slight_smile:

Now I’m trying to find out a problem concerning 2,4 GHz hopper radio control system of my RC copter. I’d like to measure Tx’s antenna output spectrum! (from antenna soldering points or RF radiation)… Questions:

1. Am I able to measure 2.4 GHz spectrum from antenna soldering points if I update my Quad with this?: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2957

2. Should I update my Quad before installing FFT Spectrum monitor referred at question 1?

3. This might be silly but I have to ask this. Can I measure RF spectry of my Tx if I connect an old wifi antenna (taken from old wifi router) to Quad input. (Or do I need an amp between antenna and quad?).

I don’t need accurate results of spectry but indication of transmission at least. Please see this: youtube.com/watch?v=AT2HD50f … re=related

Thank you,
Sami

2.4 Ghz is out of reach for the quad

Oh yes, I should check the specification first (72 MS/s ~> 35 MHz) :open_mouth:

The Tx problem at 2.4 GHz still exist. I know this question should be somewhere else but I think I’ll find the measuring experts here.

So any clues? Is there any way to measure this with home brewing components/instruments? Or at least to check the 2.4 GHz output power (transmission power)?

The solution in the video you posted seems nice (USB “AirView2” made by Ubiquity Networks)

If you had a downconverter capable of receiving the 2.4 GHz band, you could measure the output of that with the DSO Quad. Every radio receiver will have a downconverter for it’s band, but often they are on the same chip as the receiver so may be difficult to measure in between.

Other than that, these are not too expensive:
micro.arocholl.com/index.php?opt … &Itemid=64