#May4th# #MayTheFourth# May The Fourth be With You - re_computer Case little surprise

May The Fourth be With You

re_computer case: Most Compatible Enclosure for SBCs - Seeed Studio

1 Like

Are these shipping now? I ordered one almost a month ago, but haven’t seen anything as to the expected shipping date.

1 Like

I ordered both, odyssey and case middle April, I hope soon at home.

1 Like

My Odyssey board took just over three weeks to arrive. It took about 2.5 weeks to actually ship, but then shipping to the US was actually very fast–like 4 days via DHL. Not sure where you’re located, but hopefully it will get shipped soon. On a positive note, by the time you get your board a lot of the issues will be sorted out. The Getting Started wiki has improved significantly since I got my board almost two weeks ago for instance, as another user and myself have been working with one of the Seeed Studios developers, testing the heck out of the header pins on the board. We discovered a few issues, which have larger been remedied by 1) fixing incorrect documentation, and 2) using the proper library (which was not documented at first).

So hopefully you’ll have a smooth(er) experience, once you do get your board. There are a few of us running Ubuntu 18.04 (64-bit) on the board and it’s working great so far. Myself, I left Windows 10 on the eMMC, and bought a Samsung EVO nvme SSD card for the ‘m’-keyed M.2 slot. The board is VERY snappy running Linux with 8gb of RAM. I can’t wait to start using it on some embedded systems projects!

TB

2 Likes

Guys, Apologize for the delay, the case has not been shipped yet, but we are trying hard and work closely with our vendor to accelerate, the first batch has finished aluminum extrusion and CNC this week, if everything goes well, we believe we can ship the first batch 100 pcs before 15-May, and the rest before the end of May.

1 Like

Would it be possible to get STL’s for the bottom and connector’s (sides) for 3D-printing custom cases?

thanks for the update…

Will these become available from the US warehouse? Pre order is only from Canada and the shipping cost is unreasonable. About to order a second board and 2 cases but waiting to get the cases from US the location. Would prefer the grey/silver also.

I placed my order on March 15. The board arrived and works well, but the case is still being awaited for

Hi Ernieboxer, will be allocated to US warehouse as soon as the new batch arrived from factory, and hopefully in a month. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, and we would take grey or silver color into consideration when design the next batch. :slight_smile:

Thank you for your patience. If everything goes well, we believe we can ship the first batch 100 pcs before 15-May, and the rest before the end of May. Apologize for the delay again.

Can’t wait to see the shipping from US to US locations. Will purchase my second board when i can get the cases. I would pre order now except my only shipping options are out of Canada.

1 Like

The case has finally arrived! It fits well, it is functional though the glass lid has a lot of small scratches which makes the box look used. I had to glue two (out of four) magnetic pads on the lid as they came off some way before I got the box. Those are minor issues for me personally though for some a moderately scratched lid may be an issue.

Hi cherio,

You are lucky to receive your order, enjoy, I purchased a device with a case middle April, nothing for the moment…

Recent Orders

Recent Orders|Order #|Date|Ship To|Order Total|Status|Action|

|4000034169|4/21/20|nl.smart|$235.81|Confirmed| View Order|

I still haven’t gotten my case nor have I gotten any shipping info. Can I get a status on order #'s 4000032259 / 4000036427

Hi Cherio,

There is a plastic film on the lid to protect the lid, so the small scratches should be on the film. You may try removing the film.We are considering adding a small label on the lid to remind removing the film in the future.

If you have any further issue using the case, please feel free to feedback to us here.

Jeremy

Hi jwschull,

We are really sorry for the delay. As we are accelerate the case manufacturing, we are now encountering cosmetic defecting issue of the case. It turns out the defect rate is very high, which makes it hard for us to delivery all the order at one time. There will be a blog explain the issue today and an update for further delivery date for the rest order soon.

Jeremy.

IS there any way to get defect 2 cases to protect my boards? Or how about a cardboard pattern of one I can cut and fold so the board can at least have minimal protection?

Will you be creating and selling optional front and back face plates for these cases. Especially for the Pi4. While you can mount the boards in the case it leaves gaping holes front and back. A custom face plate would be welcomed.

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback.