Max current of 5v pin on seeed studio ESP32C3

Hi, I want to know how much current I can draw from the 5v pin on the seeed studio ESP32C3.
I already checked that the 5v pin is directly connected to the USBc port. However, the conductor track from the USBc port to the 5v pin is only 0.4mm thick.
I want to draw about 2 to 3 amps to power some addressable LEDs. Can the conductor track handle this? I find no information about the 5v pins performance.
Because otherwise I have to use a second USBc port right next to the seeed studio.
LG Simon

Hi there,
Yea that Tech is NOT recommended…

Fused 5V @6V/500ma., also the output is a MAX of 700MA, each IO pin maxes out at 44ma.(40ma.typical)

It may work short term But I have my doubts about that as well. :face_with_peeking_eye:
HTH
GL :slight_smile: PJ

Hi, I found the PCB layout: the vUSB is connected directly to 5v via 0.4mm trace. The fuse is just for the rest of the chip.
LG Simon

:grinning:No Guts No Glory , so Let us Know…I bet it last for about the time it gets too hot :face_with_peeking_eye: :pinching_hand:but you may be surprised

GL :slight_smile: PJ

1 Like

Under normal circumstances, the XIAO’s operating voltage is 3.3V, if you use 5V power supply, although it is within the safe voltage range, but it will not actually affect the XIAO’s normal supply voltage and maximum output current.