Maix Dock Not Connecting Properly

Hi,
I have a Maixpy M1 Dock, and I have been unable to successfully dock with the device using both Windows and Linux. On Linux, when plugged in, I get two new ports detected (ttyUSB0 and ttyUSB1). I can putty or command line interface connect with either, and I can access the internal space, but it is problematic. I cannot alter the onboard commands (for example, ‘import sensor/sensor.reset()’ fails). When I use the IDE, it cannot properly connect, despite trying every available combo of board and port. Not even Kflash works, whether I use command line or GUI. I get the error that the ports are not working. When I try the same on Windows, it doesn’t even appear as a COM port. Both the Linux and Windows PC have the IDE installed.
What the heck is going on here? Or is this just potentially a bad individual device? I cannot even update the firmware like this.

Hi,

About:

“When I use the IDE, it cannot properly connect, despite trying every available combo of board and port. Not even Kflash works, whether I use command line or GUI. I get the error that the ports are not working.”

In Linux, after plugging in the USB connector what is the output you get with

$ dmesg | tail -30

Make sure you are using the correct port and that is not in use already. Disconnect PuTTY or other similar tool before attempt to connect with the IDE or kflash.

In Windows the device manager does not show any COM port after plugging in the USB cable? Could be a USB cable issue, maybe? If you happen to have another USB cable try it.

Best,
Gil