LXDE panel removed when installing ReSpeaker microphone drivers

ReSpeaker 4-Mic installed on a Raspberry Pi 4B with 8GB memory using Raspberry Pi OS (Version: 2022-09-06-raspios-bullseye-arm64.img.xz). Upon installing the microphone drivers, the LXDE panel promptly disappears but also reappears if said drivers are uninstalled. I have gone through the process several times to verify this problem (yes including rebooting! lol). Earlier installations of 32-bit and 64-bit Raspberry Pi OS on this unit did not display this bug.
Thoughts on this issue would be most appreciated. Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Solved: re-downloading the image file seems to have solved the disappearing panel bug but now the ReSpeaker 4-Mic card is not recognized. lol :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have the same issue, I can either have the 4mic array (although only 2 show in audacity!) or I can have the lxpanel task bar.

Please Seeed, take a look at this please!

(FYI I have also tried 32bit OS and HinTak’s branch, with the same results)

Thanks for the update. I haven’t had a chance yet to work on why the card isn’t being recognized but will certainly let you know of any updates on the situation at this end of things. I also went through the same routine as you with trying the 32bit and Hin Tak branch. lol! Thanks again and will ttyl. :slight_smile:

FWIW, installing 2022-09-06-raspios-bullseye-arm64-lite.img (and therefor no desktop) produced the same results with the 4mic board not being recognized. So it would appear that an desktop software/installation is not related to the issue.

I can reproduce the same error, Pi 3 B+.
Installed fresh Pi OS 32 bit on new SD card, with 2022-09-22 Release.
Did sudo apt update, the sudo apt upgrade.
Turn on VNC.
Then download seeedstudio git, install.
Then install audacity.
When I browse to desktop, taskbar lxpanel is missing. I’m guessing it has crashed?
Currently the directions given on ReSpeaker 4-Mic Array for Raspberry Pi - Seeed Wiki
can not be successfully followed.
Any ideas?

AFAIK, the only resort is to install Raspberry Pi OS 32-bit Buster release.