Lora-E5 peer to peer connection ID

Hi ,
how can I give ID to the Lora-E5 module when I using TEST command ?

I want to make communication without going through Lorawan, only option I found TEST command, but cannot set ID in that method, any help appreciated

Never tried it but you have first to put it in TEST mode by using
AT+MODE="mode"
and then according at AT commands doc from Seeed:
AT+TEST=TXLRPKT to send packet or AT+TEST=RXLRPKT to receive
so one in TX and the other one in RX and you should be fine (so long both are setup on same Lora frequency too :wink:

I understand the TEST mode, already tried… my question is how to give ID to each lora module ? that will be only same ID module could b communicate with each other

How did it go when you tried it ? In my understanding you don’t have to care about any IDs as I suspect that when you setup the module either in TX or RX test mode it uses some predefined IDs to make it work with any second module properly configured too :wink:

yes it use some predefined id on TEST mode, but what I want is to define the ID by myself)

No offense but please explain clearly what you want to do as test function ? because Test manufacturer function is an easy way to test if your modules are working properly so long you have at least two of them en same frequencies and it doesn’t need any ID or setup anything else !

LoRa uses a sync word to filter messages between networks. There is (i believe) a default sync word for public Lorawan (0x34 or 0x3444?) but most solutions allow you to set these sync words and not all devices have the same default sync words set. This is likely what Tomi is referring to by “ID”. I also see no way to set this with the AT command set (in test mode or otherwise).

yes , on test mode there is no ID, I added ID to the beginning go the message on test mode to identify which module is this , my project is here, who might be interested https://hackaday.io/project/166619-loko-open-source-gps-tracker-with-lorawan

Thanks Tomi, so you just did the first byte of the message as the sync word? I am currently trying to send a point to point message from the E5 to a Heltec Lora ESP32 module.

yes I added 2 digits in front of the message

Are you using E5 as sender and receiver?

yes on both side I use E5 module, on receiver side I use esp32 as mcu to send AT commands to E5

Thanks, I guess worst comes to worst I can use another E5 on the receiving end instead of the heltec.

it might be easier, I use ESP32 with MicroPython
on receiver side it is super simple to play with