Lipo rider pro battery status

Hi

Is there a possibility to check the charge status of the battery with an arduino board?
For example I could solder two wires to the charge indicator leds to check at which percentage the battery is, but then i have to push the volume button. Is there a way to check the battery without pushing the volume button?

Thank you :slight_smile:

Take a look at the Wiki - particularly the FAQ. You can get battery voltage off of A7, depending on the state of the jumpers.
seeedstudio.com/wiki/Seeeduino_Stalker_v2.3

Hi, thank you for your answer. But I would like to check the battery status of a lipo rider pro programmatically by an arduino board.
For example, an arduino board powered by an lipo rider pro with a battery should check when it runs out of battery.

I would like to do this as well!

Anyone has a solution how to do this? I have a Lipo Rider v1.2 and would like to put an attached microcontroller into sleep
mode in case only 1 led is left on.

Are you talking about Lipo Rider Pro? Where is this A7 pin?.

I found this solution which you can use for any battery supply.

http://provideyourown.com/2012/secret-arduino-voltmeter-measure-battery-voltage/
https://code.google.com/p/tinkerit/wiki/SecretVoltmeter

long readVcc() {
  long result;
  // Read 1.1V reference against AVcc
  ADMUX = _BV(REFS0) | _BV(MUX3) | _BV(MUX2) | _BV(MUX1);
  delay(2); // Wait for Vref to settle
  ADCSRA |= _BV(ADSC); // Convert
  while (bit_is_set(ADCSRA,ADSC));
  result = ADCL;
  result |= ADCH<<8;
  result = 1126400L / result; // Back-calculate AVcc in mV
  return result;
}

void setup() {
  Serial.begin(9600);
}

void loop() {
  Serial.println( readVcc(), DEC );
  delay(1000);
}

I tried this with a bench power supply and on an atmega328 when I lower the supply e.g. to 3.5v
it returns a reading of 3410 mV

When all 4 led’s are off on the Lipo Rider I measure 3.4v on the lipo battery.

So I was thinking to measure directly the lipo supply this way. (There is room for soldering wires on the connector)
But I guess I have to use another microcontroller for measuring because the main circuit is powered via the usb connector which still measures 5v.

And when reaching a threshold I can send a signal to the main microcontroller to go into sleep mode until the battery
is charged again to 3.7v

Does this make sense?