Library won't compile: EthernetV2_0.h

I have an Arduino Mega2560 and a seeed studio Ethernet v2.0 shield. ( I believe is says v2.0! on the box. )
I initially just installed it on top of my Mega2560 and used sketch and wiring from Blum’s Exploring Arduino for a web server. I manually set up a dedicated IP address and used a MAC Address that seems to be repeated in several tutorials.

Although the sketches compiled, I could not get any response on my Serial Monitor. But I was using standard Arduino libraries for SPI and Ethernet.

Can you help confirm the following are true:

1. Ethernet shields with 2x3 ICSP pins (or at least seeed V2.0 ) are/is compatible with the MEGA2560 without modification. Older version needed mods for the MEGA2560.
  2. SPI connects to appropriate pin on UNO and MEGA2560
  3. I will need to change PINs numbers in sketch or Libraries for MEGA2560.

I now have am trying seeed libraries and examples but I can not get the sketches to compile with #include <EthernetV2_0.h> from seeed.

The errors are:

“C:\Users\Natalie\Documents\Arduino\libraries\EthernetV2_0\EthernetV2_0.cpp: In member function ‘void EthernetClass::begin(uint8_t*, IPAddress, IPAddress, IPAddress, IPAddress)’:
C:\Users\Natalie\Documents\Arduino\libraries\EthernetV2_0\EthernetV2_0.cpp:64:39: error: no matching function for call to ‘W5100Class::setIPAddress(IPAddress::&)’
W5100.setIPAddress(local_ip._address);
^
C:\Users\Natalie\Documents\Arduino\libraries\EthernetV2_0\EthernetV2_0.cpp:64:39: note: candidate is:
In file included from C:\Users\Natalie\Documents\Arduino\libraries\EthernetV2_0\EthernetV2_0.cpp:1:0:
C:\Users\Natalie\Documents\Arduino\libraries\EthernetV2_0\utility/w5200.h:410:6: note: void W5100Class::setIPAddress(uint8_t*)
void W5100Class::setIPAddress(uint8_t _addr) {
^
C:\Users\Natalie\Documents\Arduino\libraries\EthernetV2_0\utility/w5200.h:410:6: note: no known conversion for argument 1 from ‘IPAddress::’ to 'uint8_t
{aka unsigned char*}’
C:\Users\Natalie\Documents\Arduino\libraries\EthernetV2_0\EthernetV2_0.cpp:65:38: error: no matching function for call to ‘W5100Class::setGatewayIp(IPAddress::&)’
W5100.setGatewayIp(gateway._address);
^
C:\Users\Natalie\Documents\Arduino\libraries\EthernetV2_0\EthernetV2_0.cpp:65:38: note: candidate is:
In file included from C:\Users\Natalie\Documents\Arduino\libraries\EthernetV2_0\EthernetV2_0.cpp:1:0:
C:\Users\Natalie\Documents\Arduino\libraries\EthernetV2_0\utility/w5200.h:386:6: note: void W5100Class::setGatewayIp(uint8_t*)
void W5100Class::setGatewayIp(uint8_t _addr) {
^
C:\Users\Natalie\Documents\Arduino\libraries\EthernetV2_0\utility/w5200.h:386:6: note: no known conversion for argument 1 from ‘IPAddress::’ to 'uint8_t
{aka unsigned char*}’
C:\Users\Natalie\Documents\Arduino\libraries\EthernetV2_0\EthernetV2_0.cpp:66:38: error: no matching function for call to ‘W5100Class::setSubnetMask(IPAddress::&)’
W5100.setSubnetMask(subnet._address);
^
C:\Users\Natalie\Documents\Arduino\libraries\EthernetV2_0\EthernetV2_0.cpp:66:38: note: candidate is:
C:\Users\Natalie\Documents\Arduino\libraries\EthernetV2_0\utility/w5200.h:394:6: note: void W5100Class::setSubnetMask(uint8_t*)
void W5100Class::setSubnetMask(uint8_t _addr) {
^
C:\Users\Natalie\Documents\Arduino\libraries\EthernetV2_0\utility/w5200.h:394:6: note: no known conversion for argument 1 from ‘IPAddress::’ to 'uint8_t
{aka unsigned char*}’
Error compiling.”

This appears to me to be the incorrect library for my shield but I downloaded it from the wiki for Ethernet Shield V2.0.

Hopefully someone can correct what I am doing wrong. Your help is much appreciated.

Having the same issue with an Uno and W5200. Did you get it working? Anyone else having this issue?

UPDATED (moments later)

Found the answer. The Wiki has an outdated library

Download and install from github /Seeed-Studio/Ethernet_Shield_W5200

There’s a download zip on the right hand side