J401x Jetpack 6.0 compatibility

Do you have any updates here? We have a few boards and they are useless with no JP 6.0 support

Hello, nvidia jetpack 6.0 release is coming first week of May. Do you have estimated time for jetpack 6.0 compatibility for reComputer J401 Carrier Board ?

Once the new version is released, we will definitely complete the adaptation of the J401 carrier board within one month. Stay tuned!

3 Likes

Thanks a lot, worked on J4012 and Jetson Linux 36.3!

Jetpack 6.3 on an Orin NX 16gb worked for me too, except that my wifi adapter wasn’t recognized.

So I downloaded debs for backport-iwlwifi-dkms, dkms, and dctrl-tools on another computer, transferred them on a usb thumb drive, and installed them (dpkg --force-depends -i for dkms). Forcing isn’t great, but worked, and I was able to clean up afterwards with apt update/upgrade, --fix-broken, etc.

1 Like

Tnks @than . Your suggestion is working even on the A603 (even if the drivers are not ready yet).
Any release expected window for the A603 carrier? @Seeed_Seraphina

Hello @Gorgo
We have now completed the JP6 BSP for A603 and are in the testing phase. It is expected to go live this week. We’ll be sure to post it here as soon as we can. Stay tuned!

2 Likes

We have now updated the tutorial for flashing Jetpack 6 on J401. We would like to thank everyone for their patience.

4 Likes

Hi, are you planning on updating the patch for the reComputer Industrial? It seems the latest is still Jetpack 5.1.1 here

Thanks for this. Is it just me or can I not network tether through the USB-C port? Orin NX 16

We expect to release it by the end of June. Stay tuned!

2 Likes

For the J4012, the USB-C port can only be used for flashing the system or debugging, it cannot be used for network tethering.

Sorry for off-topic. Do you have ETA for jetpack 6 for orin agx series?

We also bought 2x J4012 and would be very interested in seeing the manual updated to flash them with Jetpack 6.0 :slight_smile:

The link has been shared here

Hello, the AGX Orin 32GB H01 JP6 BSP is currently in the testing phase as well. Thank you for your patience, and we will notify everyone here when it is ready.

1 Like

Can you elaborate on that?

I have an AX200 as wifi board and is unusable:(

I have the j4011 carrier board for the jetson Orin nx, I tried flashing it with jet pack 6, and I’m getting this error: “Creating journal (131072): Flash failure

Either the device cannot mount the NFS server on the host or flash command has failed. Debug log saved to /tmp/
“

But when I look in that file I don’t see any record and this is the last thing it says is: ‘ checking folder ~/mfi_recomputer-orin-j401/tools/kernel_flash/images’

And then it just lists ‘images’ and ‘l4t_create_images_for_kernel_flash.sh’ as if they were ls outputs showing file privileges, owner, creator, etc.

can anyone help out? I saw someone said they forgot to enable NFS in UFW, but I have it inactivated so this shouldn’t be the problem.

My host machine is Ubuntu 22.04, but jetpack says 6.0 can be installed this way, unless seed studio source code for some reason doesn’t no allow this.

@Zvolocity
The host is an ARM machine or AMD64 platform? I remember that I’ve seen a recommendation for using AMD64.

1 Like

Use AMD64 if your host processor can support it.I used both JP6 and SEEED Flash instructions. Use SEEED flash if you can. I had to get my WiFI working after both cases, but at least I have the right HW drivers for the Seeed devices in J3011.