ISSUE: Something Weird Happen with RPi OS 11 when you install Seeed voice card source code

Hello everyone, this is my first post in this forum and I write it because I have found an issue and I do not why happen (well yes but let’s find out it together together). This is the thing:

I have a respeaker board (by the way, it’s awesome and works nicely) and a few days ago I started to do tests with the latest RPi OS version (right now is 11) and here is where this issue appears. When I reboot RPi after doing the first five steps (see below this commands) and I access again into the Desktop you cannot see the taskbar anymore. I think is because the kernel is rebuilding and something happens in the process after the reboot.

Hope you guys can check this issue, the wiki website of respeaker product is this: ReSpeaker 4-Mic Array for Raspberry Pi - Seeed Wiki

Thanks a lot.

sudo apt-get updategit clone https://github.com/Seeed-Projects/seeed-voicecard.gitcd seeed-voicecardsudo ./install.shsudo reboot now

Sorry, we thought this was a special case. (Raspberry Pi systems also occasionally have odd occurrences.) This has happened to us on 64-bit operating systems, and we don’t have this problem on 32-bit systems. We will look into how to fix this and will get back to you with any new information.

Hi there, thank you so much for your reply, let me add something more:

The OS is 32 bits because I tested in a Raspberry Pi versión 1B+, I do not know if this happens in other RPi versions like 2, 3 or 4 but at least in the first version happened this. I didn’t know about this issue on 64 bits OS.

I’ll be aware of any update information you published on this post, thanks a lot again.

Happened to me also, I’m on Pi 3B+ fresh install with latest OS.

i want to engaged seeed studio with my website but it is not happened. can you please provide some good way.

Hi jarvisdepth. I recommend you open a new topic in te forum, here we are talking another issue and I’m afraid we won’t be as much help as you need.