How to store persistent data on XIAO BLE SENSE

Hi everyone, it’s possibile to store persistent informations on XIAO BLE Sense?

1 Like

Ok i solved my issue.
Doing my researches I found a library that is used with Arduino33 that mounts the same chip.
The library is FS_Nano33BLE

After installation you will find an Example called “FS_Test”, if you try to compile it you will get an error saying that it’s supposed to work only with nRF52840 platform… even if indeed it is… well

Just remove that check from the library and problem solved. It works. :joy:
Follow this comment: Logging Data to Onboard Flash Memory of Seeed XIAO BLE Sense - Stack Overflow to do it

On macOS the file is located in: /Users//Documents/Arduino/libraries/FS_Nano33BLE/src/FS_Nano33BLE.h

1 Like

Well, I tried that library and also got it to work. I didn’t mess with the library, but after taking a look at their error code, I set #define ARDUINO_SEEED_XIAO_NRF52840 1 to make it work, which I find much better than modifying the dependencies.
However after some time my XIAO just got wanky and bricked. It presumably overwrote my bootloader and code at some point and I don’t know why.

I only used the same path to store just two numbers and used mbed::LittleFileSystem::format(&bd) to delete the data again. Would be nice if anyone could enlighten me on how this stuff works. Since I assumed that it makes space somwhere behind the bootloader so that I can never overwrite anything essential.
Currently waiting on my J-Link to bring this thing back to life. Really annoying if you don’t know whats actually happening under the hood…

1 Like

am using Adafruit_LittleFS lib to store data on Xiao nr52840