How can I use STM32CubeMX with LoRa-E5 Dev Board

Hi, I’m trying to use STM32WL SDK with the LoRa-E5 Development Board but I can’t use STM32CubeMX because the first time I run CubeMX and I change anything (I need activate i2C communications) the project is refreshed and the build returns a lot of errors.

For me the major reason for use the STM32Cube platform is the excelent CubeMX, what can I do for to use your LoRaWAN_End_Node project with STM32CubeMX?

Best regards

Hi my friend,
Can you open the project with CubeIDE first? Then double-clicking the *.ioc file in the project to open CubeMX.
This works for me.

First of all thanks for your response.
Yes, of course, but the problem begin when I modify anything in the MX project.
My goal is to use I2C, then I assign PA15/PB15 to I2C2 and save the *.ioc file, after that CubeMX start to re-make all the project modifying a lot of files and later I give a lot of errors at compiling time.
I can resolve all these errors manualy correcting each of them but if I want to modify anything al hardware level with CubeMX I start the same operation I described.
I’m using STM32CubeIDE Version: 1.5.1
Did you changed the *.ioc project and recompile without errors?

No, I also meet lots of errors after using CubeMX. So I decide to activate the peripheral manually. :rofl:

Same problem here. Unable to port the examples from STM32 to LoraE5 because of that :/. We’ll have to wait for them to solve it…

Hi,
I am starting a new weather station project (from esp32) but I would like to know if the LoraE5 module can support two independent I2C channel. Do you know if I can configure the pins in this way?
sorry, but I don’t know too much about the STM32 architecture.

thank you very much

HI, I know this is an old thread but was there any solution to this? I’m trying to modify the FreeRTOS_LoRaWAN_AT example using the wio_e5_mini but the .ioc file doesn’t appear to belong to the rest of the code. Any attempt to modify it creates all sorts of compile issues. thanks.

Hello Jerry
Can you please share with us how you did it?
Thanks,
Tim