HDMI audio in ubuntu

Hi, does the Board Support audio over hdmi in ubuntu?
I have ubuntu 20, and in settings I have only the speakers output available (e.g. Audio jack).

I can confirm that in windows 10 I have the same problem? Can someone from seeed please confirm if audio over hdmi is working on the odyssey x86?
It’s a simple yes or no question, I couldn’t find anything in the docs…

I had audio over hdmi up until I lost all video linux and windows. I would have to go in and switch it every time I booted back to hdmi from on board.

Support from this Co is like non existent. A true sign of a place to not waste you money. I have 2 of these units and both had issues from day one. One still limps along with no fan controller and the other just lost video and I suspect more.

Hello, I’m sorry for the inconvenience caused to your use. From January 31, 2022 to February 7, 2022, it is the Spring Festival holiday in China. During this period, our engineers and support personnel are resting, so we may not be able to give you accurate reply and guidance for the time being. Please wait patiently.
I have recorded the questions about Odyssey here, and I will consult relevant colleagues to answer them for you when I am at work. I apologize again.

It works on my X86J4125 with Ubuntu 20.04, see images below. I am able to select HDMI as output device and when a run the test I hear the audio out of my monitor speakers.

1 Like

We are back from vacation. It has been confirmed that, as mathijs said, the HDMI of the Odyssey supports audio output. If this problem occurs in your Odyssey, you can first rule out whether the audio output of the display is a problem. If it still cannot be solved, you can contact our technical support to negotiate replacement or repair.

OK, thank you, I’ll check

Share your success please. Did everything work out?

Not yet, I don’t have another display with hdmi audio on it. I also have another issue with the BIOS and boot screens, i can’t see them, it seems that video mode is not supported on the screen (HDMI 10" LCD Screen Kit (1024x768) – Pimoroni)
I was wondering if there is an enable/disable option in bios for hdmi audio…