📣 HAY Eric, CEO some questions for next live stream

Hi There, :wave:
:mega: These are open comments on the future, my POV as a Maker and Technology Creator.

The CEO “Eric” is very good in being genuinely interested in what we think , I believe that, therefore I’m asking the following and making a case as to why I think this way. In the end I hope we all to benefit.

SOAPBOX ON :man_technologist:
Upgrading the Seeed Studio Xiao line from the Nordic nRF52840 to the nRF54 series could yield several significant benefits. First and foremost, the nRF54 series offers improvements in power consumption, size, and CPU speed compared to its predecessor. The nRF54 series is built on a more advanced process node, likely leading to improved power efficiency, crucial for battery-powered devices like the Xiao. Additionally, the nRF54 series boasts higher CPU speeds, enabling faster processing and more complex applications, which can be a significant selling point for customers looking for advanced features and performance.

Moreover, upgrading to the nRF54 series can future-proof the Xiao line, ensuring that it remains competitive in the rapidly evolving IoT market. The nRF54 series provides enhanced features and capabilities, such as improved Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) performance, higher data rates, and increased memory capacities, which can enable the development of more sophisticated and feature-rich products. By staying ahead of the technological curve, Seeed Studio can maintain its position as a leader in the IoT development board market and attract customers looking for cutting-edge solutions.

Furthermore, focusing on upgrading the Xiao line can capitalize on its current success and market dominance. As the CEO mentioned, the Xiao line is already their most profitable product, indicating a strong demand and customer base. By upgrading to the nRF54 series, Seeed Studio can offer existing customers an upgrade path to more advanced and capable devices, ensuring customer loyalty and potentially increasing revenue through repeat sales. Additionally, since none of the competitors are currently making new designs, this presents an opportunity for Seeed Studio to differentiate itself in the market and further solidify its position as an innovative leader in the IoT development board space.
finally,
Upgrading Seeed Studio’s Xiao line from the Nordic nRF52840 to the nRF54 series presents a significant opportunity to enhance AI capabilities and introduce new peripherals, all in a more compact package. The nRF54 series offers advanced features and improved performance, making it ideal for powering smarter wearable devices. This upgrade can enable Xiao devices to perform more complex AI tasks, handle richer sensor data, and support a wider range of peripherals, enhancing their functionality and appeal in the rapidly evolving IoT and wearable markets. Additionally, being an early adopter of the nRF54L15 series in the market can position Seeed Studio as a leader in innovation, attracting customers looking for cutting-edge technology in compact, energy-efficient devices.
Soap OFF
Thank you and feel free to Add Your Question or suggestion (not a complaint thread, that’s on REDiT) :stuck_out_tongue:

I look forward to the future to work and create with seeed studio.
GL :slight_smile: PJ

and a 4G-Xiao BLE :star_struck: (sim card on bottom) :v:

1 Like

And Did You Know?
The nRF54L15 SoC integrates an Arm Cortex-M33 processor running at 128 MHz, doubling the processing power of nRF52840 while reducing power consumption .

Here are some differences between the nRF54L15 and nRF52840:

• Processing power

The nRF54L15 has double the processing power of the nRF52840, while consuming less power.

• Memory

The nRF54L15 has 1.5 MB of non-volatile memory and 256 KB of RAM, which is enough for running multiple wireless protocols at the same time.

• Radio RX current

The nRF54L15 has half the radio RX current of the nRF52840.

• Bluetooth 5.4 features

The nRF54L15 supports all Bluetooth 5.4 features, Bluetooth Mesh, Thread, and Matter

Ultra-compact packages :microscope:

The nRF54L15 is now available in a 6 by 6 mm QFN package with 31 GPIOs. The SoC is also available in two ultra-compact 2.4 by 2.2 mm wafer-level chip scale packages (WLCSPs) with 32 GPIOs (300 µm pitch) and 14 GPIOs (350 µm pitch).
These WLCSPs are more than 50 percent smaller :pinching_hand: than the nRF52840 WLCSP, :exploding_head:
making them suitable for designs with strict size constraints.
Xiao 54L15

AI and ARM and Nvidia,
I think Arm CPU’s are a better choice, the new stuff with ST cpu is a gamble.
even Serv the Home agrees, Not to waste time with weak PiE, Get powerful even in Carrier board dev.
Look at this Video…

GL :slight_smile: PJ