Grove Vision AI V2 issues with SenseCraft AI

Just got my Grove Vision AI V2 module today. I plugged in a Raspberry pi camera, and with the module plugged in to my computer I can flash a model from the SenseCraft AI page, but whenever I try and invoke it, I get “Invoke failed, please check device connection”.

I’m running Xubuntu 20.04 LTS with the latest Chrome browser.

Hi there,
Do you mind , What model?
Face or person recognition?
I believe it is a memory issue. Try setting the tensor arena size to a greater byte value.
HTH
GL :slight_smile: PJ

I tried a couple of the people-detecting models on the SenseCraft AI site. I tried the “Swift-YOLO Nano Power By SSCMA” first, and then the “YOLOV8 By Ultralytics” person-detection model.

• Jon
1 Like

This is what I see:

Not sure why it thinks it needs a wifi connection - I don’t have a XIAO chip installed. And I have no idea how to “Try setting the tensor arena size to a greater byte value.”

Under the configuration? or the bottom corner slider?
SMH, something looks off?
Needs more memory to do the invoke.
GL :slight_smile: PJ
I’ll look some more. :v:

Under Configuration, it just wants a wifi configuration, nothing else. Under Output, there is nothing enabled. Under Tool, it appears to just let you erase the device and upload files. I used the “Send” button on the main screen to upload the model.

1 Like

So it turns out the camera I’m using isn’t supported - I ordered an OV5647 based camera, hopefully that will fix things.

1 Like

Hi There,
Oh’ my… LOL wow… Great find there. LMK how the new camera works out, the free GVAIv2 and an additional unit are B.O. until march 2, Wah,Wah, wah… :joy:
I’ll be diving head long into it.
GL :slight_smile: PJ :v: