Grove Beginner Kit Startup

I got this kit for my grandson, I expected it to be able to connect to the Arduino IDE. Obviously, I was wrong, so how exactly do you use it? I didn’t get the FLASH drive expected with all the data, all in all I’m pretty disappointed with this purchase so far.

FLASH Drive is free and limited. But we posted it’s resource all on the Internet.

Care to share a link to the resource?

What I’m really trying to do is connect the kit to the Arduino IDE, I downloaded and installed the USB drivers, but the kit isn’t recognized. AAMOF, It’s not recognized at all by either of my computers. It powers up, but when connected, I get no notification, and nothing shows up in Device Manager. Unless there’s some trick I don’t know about, I may have a problem kit. I tried two different USB cables, just in case, but no dice.

@gunrunnerjohn There you go
https://files.seeedstudio.com/wiki/Grove-Beginner-Kit-For-Arduino/res/Grove-Beginner-Kit-For-Arduino-Resources-in-one(20200401).7z

OK, looking at the full kit, I still don’t see how to compile it to restore the kit back to the factory code.

I’d also like to know how to restore the demo.
I get multiple errors when trying to compile

Yep, you’d think there’d be a simple way to restore the board to the factory defaults. If there is, I haven’t found it. :slight_smile:

I installed the Arduino software clean and then took all the folders in the Grove_Starter_Kit folder and dropped them in C:/Program Files (x86)/Arduino/libraries

After that, the Grove_Starter_Kit.ino compiled properly and loaded onto the Grove Beginner Kit board.

Easy when you know how to do it, not so easy without that knowledge. :wink: