I am using a Arduino Mega 2560 with the GPRS shield v1.2 and its working fine, with the 1.0 IDE on Windows 7
Hardware setup: I inserted the shield onto the MEGA, the jumpers were in the soft serial position. I took 2 jumper wires from pin 7,8 (which I set to input mode), and hooked them up to pin 52,53 on the mega.
Software, I used the same terminal software as whats displayed on they wiki. If I didnt, I got some garbage printed to the IDE’s terminal. I also had to send carriage returns via the terminal software. I didnt get the exact “startup” response from the board. But after the I see the “<0>…” (Im typing this part from memory), I was able to send an “AT” command and got the reply “OK”. I couldnt figure out how to do the CTRL+Z thing on windows, as that does an undo on the terminal client.
I also managed to take pins 7,8 to Serial2, and that works aswell.
I was able to take the example code on the wiki under Sending SMS: using Hardware UART, changed the Serial to Serial2, I also had to add the
delay(3500); segment to start up the module, since it always started up in the off mode for me with this code.
Also, the IDE complained about the
replaced it with something like
and I received the SMS.
I will add my modified version of the code when I get back home tonight.