GPRS shield and netduino

I am presently in the process of designing a controller and have the basic idea shelled out in code. My current situation is that I am struggling to implement the GPRS module which I purchased from this website.

I am interfacing the device with a Netduino plus and coding in Visual Basic. There is a library titled seedstudiogsm.cs and I have been able to six Cecily get my application to compile using it.

I am specifically having trouble with understanding the function of the board and at the moment and not even certain that it is registered with a carrier. I have purchased a T-Mobile prepaid Sim card with 1500 text messages assigned to it. I am not certain how to decipher what the status of the LEDs should be indicating.

I am trying to operate on a very short time schedule but basically need to understand how to create and send text messages as well as retrieve and read text messages using this shield. I am willing to compensate someone for their time and assistance on an hourly basis as I do not believe that this project is very far from completion.

Is there anyone out there on this board that would be willing to assist me bring this project to a close? Thank you for your time and consideration

Anyone out there want to offer some help and be paid for it?

Let me start by getting more specific here. When I try to run code on teh Netduino to open the serial port Visual Studio dies.

I have this basic code

Public Sub New(Optional ByVal portName As String = SerialPorts.COM1, Optional ByVal baudRate As Integer = 19200, Optional ByVal parity__1 As Parity = Parity.Odd, Optional ByVal dataBits As Integer = 8, Optional ByVal stopBits__2 As StopBits = StopBits.One)
            serialPort = New SerialPort(portName, baudRate, parity__1, dataBits, stopBits__2)
            serialPort.ReadTimeout = -1
            serialPort.WriteTimeout = 10
            serialPort.Handshake = Handshake.XOnXOff
            serialPort.Open()
            AddHandler serialPort.DataReceived, New SerialDataReceivedEventHandler(AddressOf serialPort_DataReceived)
        End Sub

This is code from seedstudioGSM.cs - whenever I try to watch the serialPort variable in Visual Studio in a break point or even mouse over it Visual Studio dies completely. I am stuck on trying to figure out what the problem is here.

Thanks

How do I go about getting support on these items?

Thanks

Hi there,
You can test the shield first on Arduino to see if it is problem of the shield or netduino.
Here is the link:http://www.seeedstudio.com/wiki/GPRS_Shield#Usage

Regards,
Steve

hello and thank you - i am a .net developer and have only netduino. ANy other thoughts?
Thanks

Sorry, we’d like to help, but we are not good at netduino. Maybe you can get help from the forum of netduino.http://forums.netduino.com/

Regards,
Steve

Ok we got an Arduino running and tried to test this with the terminal as the wiki indicates but we never get the ready statements we should expect.

Here is a picture of what we get when trying to test with terminal.

dl.dropbox.com/u/1531272/GPRS.png

Where do we go next?

Thanks
GPRS.png

Make sure the hardware setup is right. is it powered? is the code uploaded correctly? Which version of Arduino IDE are you using?
Tell me more about how you setup the hardware and software.

Regards,
Steve

Yes the device is powered on… the LED blinks at the 3000ms interval meaning it sees network.
The Board is Arduino UNO.
The IDE is Arduino 1.0.

You can see there is something coming back on the serial port but it seems to be sets of 255.

The code is loaded and the code we are running is from the wiki.

[code]//Serial Relay - Arduino will patch a
//serial link between the computer and the GPRS Shield
//at 19200 bps 8-N-1
//Computer is connected to Hardware UART
//GPRS Shield is connected to the Software UART

#include <SoftwareSerial.h>

SoftwareSerial mySerial(7, 8);

void setup()
{
mySerial.begin(19200); // the GPRS baud rate
Serial.begin(19200); // the GPRS baud rate
}

void loop()
{
if (mySerial.available())
Serial.write(mySerial.read());
if (Serial.available())
mySerial.write(Serial.read());

}
[/code]

What are we doing wrong here?

hi, 1. make sure you are selected the jumper rightly.2. try sent a “AT+IPR=19200” (follow a hex :0x1a)command .

Whih position should it be in?

when you use software serial of arduino to communicate with gprs, you need to select the jumper to D7 and D8.

Yes that is how it is configured.

I am trying to load a picture of the board.

dl.dropbox.com/u/1531272/photo.JPG
photo.JPG

The commands are just echo to the terminal screen.

sorry , please first open the shield and sent 1. “AT+IPR=19200” 2. and then a hex :0x0d( carriage return ), sure, you need to dowmload the sketch on garden.seeedstudio.com/ firstly.
that is , in program, serial input a command :“AT+IPR=19200\r”, if it still not works and do not return an “ok”, sent an emil to me : luogang@seeedstudio.com

That is the sketch we are running…

[code]//Serial Relay - Arduino will patch a
//serial link between the computer and the GPRS Shield
//at 19200 bps 8-N-1
//Computer is connected to Hardware UART
//GPRS Shield is connected to the Software UART

#include <SoftwareSerial.h>

SoftwareSerial mySerial(7, 8);

void setup()
{
mySerial.begin(19200); // the GPRS baud rate
Serial.begin(19200); // the GPRS baud rate
}

void loop()
{
if (mySerial.available())
Serial.write(mySerial.read());
if (Serial.available())
mySerial.write(Serial.read());

}[/code]

all we see are the commands we enter being echo back to us.

How can I get help on this problem? I believe the board may be defective.