Gabonator's App and AlterBios 0.3?

Hello,

I am running Gabonator1’s Oscilloscope application and JPA’s Logic Analyzer and I REALLY like both.

I would like to add JPA’s Pawn applications to my arsenal, especially the USB analyzer app, but am concerned about the compatibility between the other apps and AlterBios 0.3. Would these all play well being installed on the unit at the same time?

Osc firmware version: 2.0 rev. 116
Logic analyzer version: ? (Newest version from JPA’s site)

My concern is that the AlterBios page says that the configuration is held in the extra flash, but I also seem to recall that Gabonator1 had modified his code to put some of code into the extra flash area.

[Thank you for making the DSOQuad not only usable, but a nice piece of kit that is getting better and better!]

All the best.
Jerry

It should work :slight_smile:

Gabonator and I have agreed to share the extra flash peacefully and not fight over it :wink: (I use the “SYS” part in extra flash, gabonator uses everything from “APP1” to end of flash… the “bootloader” part in extra flash is still free but I wouldn’t dare to write there…)

current situation of the memory usage of my firmware is following:

some small part of Slot1 is used by my firmware, only NVIC table+stack+entry pointers are placed here, it only jumps to the ROM memory above SLOT4 at 0x0804C000 (so slots2,3,4 are free to use):

github.com/gabonator/DS203/blob … s/app1.lds

I use some part of the SYS ram area as can be seen here:

github.com/gabonator/DS203/blob … ore.h#L365

memory address at 0x200017f0 is used to determine cold/hot device boot (cold boot is when the device was physically turned on, hot boot when some application was closed and device resets to App1)

and at 0x20000800 there is a zero terminated string buffer used for data interchange between applications, it works in same manner as cookies in web browsers, currently I do not use more than 100 bytes of this buffer.

Assuming that the SYS does not require more then 0x800 bytes of RAM and alterbios RAM begins at 0x20001800, everything should be working fine without conflicts.

Hi,
I’m new to this forum, and have no experience of any technical stuff for the DSO203, however I have just put Gabonator’s App onto my unit.

It is definitely a great improvement on the original UI that came with the unit, however I have a few questions, that maybe I’m missing some understanding of the operation of the unit.

1. The front end menu seems to require a combination of both up/down switches to move around the grid, one for vertical and the other for horizontal movement.
    Would it not be simpler for either button to move left or right and just drop to the start of the next row (right click) or move up to the end of the previous row (left click)

2. I had lots of issues seeing the cursors in the cursor page, mainly because two of the cursors are grey on a grey grid.
    I can’t seem to find a way of changing the cursor colours (horizontal pair or vertical pair)

Also it appears that if they are set to auto, even though the values on the right side change the cursors don’t move.

1. I’ve played with saving .BMP images and trying to look at them with a windows BMP editor. All the editors say the files are corrupt.
    The WAV save works fine, I can open the files in both Audacity and Adobe Audition.

2. Is it likely that the FFT page will have a way of moving the display, mainly baseline position. And I assume it is fixed to display the signal on channel A.

Love the App, and you deserved to win the competition, many thanks.
Steve Smith