Fan is always running on Jetson AGX Xavier H01 Dev Kit after flashing Jetpack 5.0.2

After flashing Jetpack 5.0.2 according to the steps on Jetson Xavier AGX H01 | Seeed Studio Wiki, I noticed the fan is always on (probably at full speed).

However, when click “Run Jetson Power GUI” from pull-down menu of top-right corner “MODE 15W Desktop” app, the pane “Fan” shows:

Name fan1
Profile quiet
PWM 0.0%
RPM 0 rpm

It seems the system hasn’t read real fan information at all (definitely not 0 rpm, for example). I’m not sure how to fix this.

It is really noisy to have the fan always running. If I pull it off from the connected carrier board, I worry it might overheat, so it is a dilemma.

Hi,vitob!
I suspect that this kind of problem is a quality control problem occurred during the official production of NVIDIA products, and the system did not correctly read the relevant information of the fan. For this problem, you can contact the relevant technical support of NVIDIA:

But the fan is connected to the seeedstudio carrier board, first of all. I’m using the Xavier AGX H01 dev kit, not the Nvidia AGX xavier dev kit. The latter has a different base board (carrier board) from the H01 one.

The installation guide of the H01 dev kit (Jetson Xavier AGX H01 | Seeed Studio Wiki), explicitly requires a different “board driver” to be copied before flashing. I suspect different mapping of the fan on the carrier board?

Also, searching online shows a lot of fan control methods no longer works at all. Some directories are actually not there in the systerm (my system after flashing: Jetpack 5.0.2, L4T 35.1.0, the latest available to the H01 kit). I suspect Nvidia changed the way to control fan and the carrier board “driver” needs update too but it doesn’t.

I tried the nvfancontrol stop|start, it doesn’t affect the fan at all, which is always running: Jetson Xavier NX Series and Jetson AGX Xavier Series — Jetson Linux<br/>Developer Guide 34.1 documentation

It seems the system cannot read the real fan rpm at all, which always shows 0 in jetson_stat.

Hi,
May I ask if you can open the case to see if the fan is 2pins or other?It might be important to me!thank!

Hi,vitob,
I contacted the technical engineers of NVIDIA, and they gave me the answer to your question. In the new batch, they changed the 4-pin fan to a 2-pin fan, which made it impossible to accurately detect the real speed of the fan through the system.
Jostar