Error to flash jetpack 6 on reComputer Industrial J4012 board

I have a problem with the reComputer Industrial J4012 board , following the guide provided to flash jetpack 6.0 I get an error at the end of flashing.

Sha1 checksum matched for /mnt/internal/qspi_bootblob_ver.txt
Writing /mnt/internal/qspi_bootblob_ver.txt (109 bytes) into  /dev/mtd0:66977792
Copied 109 bytes from /mnt/internal/qspi_bootblob_ver.txt to address 0x03fe0000 in flash
Writing gpt_secondary_3_0.bin (parittion: secondary_gpt) into /dev/mtd0
Sha1 checksum matched for /mnt/internal/gpt_secondary_3_0.bin
Writing /mnt/internal/gpt_secondary_3_0.bin (16896 bytes) into  /dev/mtd0:67091968
Copied 16896 bytes from /mnt/internal/gpt_secondary_3_0.bin to address 0x03ffbe00 in flash
[ 224]: l4t_flash_from_kernel: Successfully flash the qspi
[ 224]: l4t_flash_from_kernel: Failed to write to APP
[ 224]: l4t_flash_from_kernel: The device size indicated in the partition layout xml is smaller than the actual size. This utility will try to fix the GPT.
[ 224]: l4t_flash_from_kernel: Error flashing external device
Flash failure
Either the device cannot mount the NFS server on the host or a flash command has failed. Debug log saved to /tmp/tmp.rjmv9SwY9A. You can access the target's terminal through "sshpass -p root ssh root@fc00:1:1:0::2"
Cleaning up...
fujitsu@fujitsu-ESPR

is this a known problem?

JP6 is quite tricky…

The host machine is AMD64 or Aarch64? It works best with AMD64 machine.
Personally I use an i5 Intel NUC with Ubuntu 18.04.

the host machine is Ubuntu 20.04 (version described in the guide prerequisites) with AMD64 architecture, I also tried with another machine with a newer version of Ubuntu but it always crashes at the same point.
unfortunately the same error happens with the instructions to flash jetpack5.1.1 (method 1)

I have one idea, but you have to

sudo apt install qemu-user-static sshpass abootimg nfs-kernel-server libxml2-utils binutils -y

Disclaimer: Use at Your Own Risk!

The idea comes from:

Is the normal J4012, and since you have errors regarding NFS server, might be useful!

Take care!

1 Like

Have you replaced the SSD? Is the ssd used in the device the one we shipped with installed?

1 Like

thank you for the reply! unfortunately, it didn’t work, I can’t quite figure out which jetpack6 version is correct for industrial j4012, since the jetpack that comes with the guide of the Industrial J4012, turns out to be that of the j201 (since it says so in the file name).

the ssd has not been replaced, it is the original one that came with the board

1 Like

Hi,
Actually “J201” here means “reComputer Industrial J201” which is the carrier board of reComputer Industrial series.

You can use the tutorial here, but at the end you have to set up the industrial J4012 file.

I have put a ISSUE there, since there are some problems with several commands.

thank you! unfortunately i have already tried this solution and unfortunately the operating system crashes during the Ubuntu installation wizard. after configuring the first parameters (keyboard configuration, time, etc…) the wizard disappears and the Ubuntu screen remains (without me being able to interact with it) and it gets stuck
do you know what this kind of error might be due to?

@colorenzo I have installed on J4012 (not the industrial type) using Nvidia SDK.There are some packets missing, but is doable.

I have used and I5 Intel NUC with Ubuntu 20.04 as host. I had to specify a download directory by mylself. I put J4012 in recovery mode and… it has worked.

It might be handy to have a wired network connection to complete the setup properly.