I recently received an M2 Gateway, EC & TDS sensor and LoRa Datalogger.
I wired up the sensor to the datalogger and tested the sensor and I was receiving data within minutes. I tested the sensor in and out of water for about an hour before packing it up and taking it a new location. Once at the new location I put the M2 Gateway on their network but was not able to see it go online with my SenseMate app. After a few minutes I updated the location of the M2 Gateway and it quickly showed up in the app. I also updated the location of the Datalogger but it never connected to the M2 Gateway or showed up online. I was able to connect to the sensor with Bluetooth and was able to take test readings.
- Initial setup was done on the island of Oahu, HI. (this defaulted the location to my home)
- I used my home network and plugged cat5 cable into my home wifi router.
Testing at destination (on the Big Island, HI):
- I set up M2 Gateway and connected to client wifi router.
- Gateway communication lights on cat5 network jack were active
- After not being able to see M2 Gateway ‘online’ I updated it’s location to the street address of the client. Within a few minutes the Gateway was showing online.
- Can you confirm that the M2 Gateway must have the correct location in order to be online or was this just a coincidence?
- The EC & TDS / Datalogger never showed an Online status and readings never came in.
Any help will be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.