DT71 tweezers questions

The DT71 tweezers look interesting and useful. Two Questions:

1. It looks like the tweezers have a builtin battery which is not replaceable. How long is the expected life before it is necessary to buy a new one?

2. The DT71 Mini Digital Tweezers User Manual V1.05 (english) on page 12 says “For accurate calibration, please visit www.miniware.com.cn and download the DT71 calibration accessories, …”

I asked Seeed support that I could not open that website. I was sent to pictures from the website but nothing on those pictures seemed to involve calibration. I asked Seeed support which item(s) on those pictures were for calibration. They said to go to miniware and start a forum question. Which I have done, with no answer (the same question being asked right here, what are the calibration accessories?)

So the question remains: what does that statement about accurate calibration actually mean ???

Hi @robr
The built-in lithium batteries are rechargeable that can last 10 hours at a stretch with a single full charge that takes about 2 hours to charge.
DT71 Calibration Instructions: download

1 Like

Thank you for the spreadsheet.

The built-in batteries are not replaceable. What is the expected lifetime for the tweezers before they have to be thrown away? One year? Two years?

The battery inside it can be recharged, and the designer told me that under normal use, it can be recycled for more than 5 years.

1 Like