DSO Quad Logic analyzer application

My processor:

STM32F103

VCT6 Z

HPAFM 93

KOR HP 108

S7 ARM

I got mine in Oct 2011, but I got from sparkfun electronic.

Thanks a lot! This 100% confirms the bug is in the processor. You have the Z revision, I have the Y revision. (So it is actually ST Microelectronics who is at fault here, not seeed :stuck_out_tongue: )

I still have a few things to fix in the app - I think it might still crash if you press “save” or “bmp”. I’ll post a new version when I’ve fixed those.

I can confirm all.

Now the new application works well, but it crash if you press “save” or "bmp.

Thanks a lot!!!

My processor

STM32F103

VCT6 Y

HPACZ 93

KOR HP 116

ST ARM

My FPGA

ICE65L04F-T

VQ100C N1T742.1C

Taiwan

Hi,

New version is now here:

http://essentialscrap.com/dsoquad/LOGICAPP.HEX

I added also a time measurement tool, accessed by clicking the scroller.

I hope it works for everybody :slight_smile:

Hi!

Which version of SYS and FPGA logic analyzer to work properly?

The problem is that the saved BMP files and VCD can not be read by the windows.

Thanks

I have SYS1.51 and FPGA2.61. It should work with others also.

Try formatting the USB disk (as FAT12). It seems to get corrupted sometimes, I think the bug is in the SYS.

Having the same issues myself. Images from the mainfirmware save fine, as do files, but not in the logic analyzer. Have the latest one from your website, and have also just done a test again after a format and same again.

BMP and VCD are unreadable under windows.

Thoughts? debug build I can try for you ?

What does this exactly mean? Do you get some error message when copying the files? Or do they just not open in your image viewer?

Hey jpa - Apologies, I thought from your previous description you were familiar with an issue.

When attempting to copy either of the files off of the MINIDSO drive under Windows 7 (x64) I get the error:

“Could not find this item. This is no longer located in I:. Verify the files location and try again.”

The file appears in directory listings, but with no preview thumbnail - but with a file size of 47kb.

I cannot delete the files either - Only way to ‘clean up’ the MINIDSO drive is to format it - again.

All images/files produced using the main firmware though seem to copy off fine. And I can also delete them .

Does the program say “Wrote logic000.bmp successfully” or “Bitmap write failed”?

For me it says that file was written sucesfully, but it is not readable for me either. I can see it on quad disk, see the filename, filesize, but can’t read/copy it.

Same here. The UI reports “succesfully written” for both file types - but I have the same symptoms described above.

Now I can read the files with DiskGenuis file restorer application.

Sounds like there might be some issue updating the filetable here for some reason then ?

Hi,

New version is up on the site:

http://essentialscrap.com/dsoquad/LOGICAPP.HEX

Apparently Windows, usually so ignorant of filename case-sensitivity, refuses to read lower-case filenames from a FAT12 partition. I guess it is correct behaviour per the spec, but didn’t notice the problem as the lower-case files worked fine on Linux.

thanks jpa works like a charm now :slight_smile:

Found a ‘bug’, but its really only present during dumb user interaction :slight_smile:

If you hit ‘save file’ while its still filling the buffer, it will start saving the file blocking until the buffer reaches 100%. It then reports written succesfully, but if you then press ‘bmp’ it starts saving, then crashes and produces a streaky LCD…

Not really an operational issue - but maybe it might be worth making it stop filling the buffer if the user hits ‘save file’ ?

Hmm, I can’t repeat your issue. Both BMP and VCD save fine even when the capture is still running. When did you buy your DSO Quad (maybe it is the processor revision issue again)?

It should be perfectly capable of capturing data while saving at the same time. But saving the VCD takes a long time because the write speed to the USB disc is only 25kB/s.

Hmm… I was able to reproduce it pretty consistently last night but today it doesn’t play ball.

Let me keep investigating.

And I bought mine via a Seeed reseller in January, however it might be as old as August 2011 stock though. Hard to tell really I guess. Do the serial numbers correlate in anyway ?