Attached is the most recent BenF V3.3x firmware.
The DSO Nano is using what’s commonly referred to as DC-coupling for its input signal and so all measurements are relative to ground. Vrms (root-mean-square) however is typically used with AC-coupling and so the current Vrms measurement may not be what users expect. To compensate for this, I’ve changed the Vrms calculation to use a synthesized AC-coupled reference. Further details on how measurements are calculated have been added to the readme file.
Display of waveforms for narrow T/Div’s (high frequency input) showed clearly visible steps due to the limited DSO Nano bandwidth. In this update, I’m using an interpolation drawing algorithm for a much smoother waveform display.
Some users wanted to see more of the waveform data after the trigger. This version adds an option to shift sampling buffer usage priority between pre and post trigger data. Fine tuning of output frequency as well as an option to specify duty cycle (pulse width modulation) have been added and basic calibration has been replaced with a full calibration capability (offset and gain for all ranges set individually).
New features in this version includes (see revisions.txt for all changes):
- Use interpolated waveform drawing for narrow T/div’s (less equal 20us)
- Tuned FIT mode for faster response and more accurate scale selections
- Made AC measurement (Vrms and Duty) calculations relative to Vavg
- Support screen capture with measurements (select ME and press B or long M)
- Support fine tuning of output frequency (3-digits, range 10Hz-1MHz)
- Option to specify duty-cycle (PWM) for output frequency in 1% increments from fully-on to fully-off
- Added support for full calibration (separate offset and gain for all ranges)
- Added option to set sampling buffer usage priority (pre/post equal split or post priority)
Update APP V3.31 - 2010.12.01
- Fix issue with unable to select 1MHz output frequency
- Fix issue with AUTO trigger in post priority mode
Update APP V3.32 - 2010.12.01
- Fix issue with gain not settable for some ranges
- Fix issue with time cursor offset error
- Swap left/right keys for T/Div and V/Div (change to waveform centric)
- Adjust duty cycle subject to HW V1/V2 differences (experimental)
- Display detected HW version (V1 or V2) on startup screen
Update APP V3.33 - 2010.12.11
- Fix issue with calibrated gain not being restored after a power cycle
DSO BenF Firmware v3.33.zip (213 KB)