Doing ReSpeaker 4-mic "Getting Started" and I'm stuck at ODAS

I’m just getting around to play with my ReSpeaker 4-Mic Array for Raspberry Pi I bought last year. I’m working on the main product page ‘Getting Started’ tutorial

Everything is going along great until I get to the ODAS section. Instructions say not to use ODAS Studio on RPI, but I thought maybe I could just test the HW is working (and Launch ODAS using local odaslive install). But no go. I don’t see any “Active Source Locations”. It’s all just blank.

What I did so far all on a Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev. 1.4:

• installed the ReSpeaker 4-Mic Array HAT
  • printed a case for it :slight_smile:
  • Used Audacity to record 4 channels of audio
  • made the lights blink with python3 interfaces/pixels.py
  • recorded audio with recording_examples/record.py; (aplay didn’t work for me, but Audacity showed the file did record audio)

But… I can’t get ODAS Studio to show any live data.

• I built odas (AKA the odas library AKA odas core) TCP Client [[1]]
  • I installed ODAS Studio (AKA odas_web Electron app) TCP Server

Here’s my questions:

1. “Please note that even if ODAS Studio can be installed on a Raspberry Pi, it will not perform properly due to CPU limitations.”

What ODAS package should be installed on the RPI (odascore?) and what packages on a remote system (odas_web)?

1. “For remote execution, use the computer IP as seen by the remote computer.”

WHAT? I’m sure this could be rephrased.

If the TCP server is odas_web, then the client is odascore, and it calls the IP of the server. The only configuration files (I can find) where I could specify an IP address was in the odascore package installation: odas/config/odaslive/respeaker_4_mic_array.cfg. That’s Ok, right?

1. Since #1 says don’t install odas_web on the RPI, that suggests odacore is installed on the RPI, and the ReSpeaker 4-Mic Array is installed on the client-side? really? Why is the respeaker data not being “served”?

Maybe the localhost test of the hardware doesn’t work because of the limitations. In which case I need to continue to resolve the two computer solution, and I’m looking for a sanity check on which is the client, which is the server, what software goes where, and where are each package’s configs.

[[1]] : With such specific instructions, I don’t understand why they say odaslive is here: odas/bin/odaslive, when build instructions put it here: odas/build/bin/odaslive

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. We will arrange for someone to revise the wiki today to make the steps and process more clear and I will let you know when the revision is complete.

If you are in a hurry, you can first try the tutorials and methods provided by GitHub here.

The wiki has been updated