Covid-19 Innovation Round Up

In this thread I am sharing some of grassroots driven innovations that are trying to responding to Covid-19 epidemic.

New York Times ’ Coronavirus Innovative Equipment ’ .

OpenSource.com’s article on ’ 7 open hardware projects working to solve COVID-19’
https://opensource.com/article/20/3/open-hardware-covid19

It is important to understand innovation needs be a advanced medical device, you can start hacks that changes social behavior. It could be something as simple as non-contact hand sanitizer dispenser.

Please share any interesting innovations you find in the wild.

3 Likes

Angelo (TechBulder) has created a tutorial for building DIY $4 Automatic Alcohol Dispenser

Build the simplest $4 Automated Alcohol Dispenser without using Arduino. Keep your hands clean by filling it with liquid soap, hand sanitizer or with rubbing alcohol. By reducing physical contact, an automated dispenser keeps virus from spreading around in communal areas.

2 Likes

Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) team releases plans for 3D printed masks

You can read the story here:

Design information is available here: https://web.musc.edu/innovation/COVID-19%20Innovation

2 Likes

Jean Noël from France made this Face-Masks Disinfection Device, which makes it possible for people to re-use the single-use face masks in this special time! See details here.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing :slight_smile: I hope this project will help the people who saves lives.

1 Like

Covid-19 is everywhere. Lots of people already made different types of projects. Anyways, thanks for sharing.

Hi everyone, I just wanna know your opinion. Is there any need now to change usual touch dispensers (like these) to touch-free ones? I mean it’s been almost a year of pandemic and I don’t see if there any sense to do it now. I think the virus is already everywhere.

According to many famous reports and news, uv light can inactive coronavirus, but anyone knows it is harmful for human body? Can I use it at home? Some say yes, others say no, just be confused.