Convert T1000-A to Tracker T1000-E for Meshtastic?

Hi
Has anyone tested Tracker T1000-E for Meshtastic firmware via OTA on an T1000-A or T1000-B device?

1 Like

Should be possible if you are willing to live without the GPS? I’m curious if anyone has tried it as well. The CPU and Lora are the same, so seems you could run it as a meshtastic communicator, but it would not support tracking except with the phone GPS. (T1000-E has an additional added GPS receiver that doesn’t require the online computation used by the LR1110 GPS solution.)

2 Likes

waiting to see if this is going to work!

Very interesting topic, I hope it can be done.

i was able to upgrade the Tracker T1110 to meshtastic using 2.3 firmware… but apparently an upgraded bootloader is needed for 2.4 firmware… have not passed this level yet

Nice! Do you have the T1000-A or B model?

this one… but it required a serial connection… still waiting to find out if anything OTA will work on T1000 because it is sealed and usb power only

Oh, yes. Yeah, that dev board flashes easy, been working with one as well.

It may be useful. I found this video.
It is updating the firmware through OTA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5phiYJlXe8

2 Likes

Great review by the main Radio man TechMinds,

WiFi issue also…LOL
GL :slight_smile: PJ

still a WIP Imo
:v:

Did anyone succeed in the test?

I think it is possible to build a meshtastic firmware for the T1000-A, however I am finding that there are pin mapping changes between the Wio tracker dev board and the T1000-E. So I think the stock T1000-E meshtastic firmware would not work directly on the T1000-A.

1 Like