Connecting Grove 9DOF to Arduino Uno (or mega)

Hi.

At the moment I do not have a Seeduino or similar board. I only have access to Arduino uno, mega and nano. I would like to connect the 9 DOF imu to one of these boards. I have downloaded the Zip library from github (from this tutorial - https://wiki.seeedstudio.com/Grove-IMU_9DOF_v2.0/)
I use the sample code IMU_9DOF_Demo_Compass_Calibrated. I have not done any changes to the file. I connected the IMU to SCL, SDA, 5V and GND - I tested both on the mega and the uno.

When I upload the sketch and listen via serial monitor I get the error “MPU6050 connection failed”. How do I fix this?

Hope this made sense.

Hello,

I am also getting a ‘Connection Failed’ message, but I am using a Seeduino Lotus board. I have run I2C Scanner and the address is 0x69 and I’ve tried changing the address, and still no joy.

Happy to create a new thread instead of hijacking this one, but thought I’d just jump in as I’m having similar issues…

Thanks

I don’t quite see what you mean.It looks like it’s working from your picture, but you didn’t calibrate the sensor.

If you see in the serial monitor on the attached screenshot:

• MPU6050 Connection failed

Also if I proceed with the compass calibration, it will just give me 0 values for all directions.