Capture_images_script capture resolution using Grove Vision AI Module

Hello,
I am using the python script provided by Seeed to capture images from the Grove Vision AI Module. The script works just fine and I receive the images captured however the images are 640x480. According to the OV2640 chip’s documentation, the sensor is able to capture 1600x1200. I have tried to find a way to modify the script so that it captures 1600x1200 but I can’t seem to find a solution. How could I capture images with the full resolution provided by the Grove Vision AI Module?
Thanks in advance.

Hello, I consulted our engineer about this issue and he said that there is no way to modify the resolution of this camera for the time being. The main reason for this is because of performance, 192*192 is the maximum resolution that Vision AI can operate at consistently. Any higher than that and you may get frequent jams or even low frame rates. On the other hand, the R&D department is currently keeping this part of the code under wraps, so the details are not available to us and cannot be modified. We apologise for any inconvenience caused during your use.

1 Like

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond! Okay, thanks for providing this information. Have a great day!