Can't Install the Device Driver

I connected a WioTerminal, then the installation of device driver had started.
However, the installer notified that driver is not found.
The computer have recognized the Wio Terminal.

Operation System is Windows 7 64 bit.

Please let me know if there is a way to install it manually or a solution.

Hi @prescott0zlb, did you installed the wio terminal on Arduino using the additional board manager?

Thank you for your assistance.

Yes, I registered the URL of json and installed seeed SAMD boards on Arduino IDE.

I checked the device manager, the “Seeed Wio Terminal” is classified in other devices.
I retried installing the device driver (search automatically), but couldn’t find it.
The device status is “The drivers for this device are not installed (code 28)”.

@prescott0zlb You can find the Wio Terminal under the Seeed SAMD Boards, please check it.

I already installed it.

Does it include the driver?

wio_terminal_device_manager

Yes, The board definition will include the driver. since it’s not showing up your computer, right-click the Seeed Wio Terminal on the device manager and click Update Driver and select search automatically for updated driver software.

1 Like

https://github.com/Seeed-Studio/Signed_USB_Serial_Driver @prescott0zlb Windows 7 has been abandoned by Microsoft, and we only have a few test drivers. If you can’t use it, please use the system supported by Microsoft.

2 Likes

Thank you very much, I found the driver!
I let windows device manager to search it from “user dir\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages”,and it successfully installed!
It has recognized as a com port.

wioterminal_comport

Good to hears the good news :smiley:

Great. Happy making :star_struck: :love_you_gesture:

Great. Nice and informative…

it always fail to download

Hi, We are using the same url as the official Arduino, perhaps something is down. Please could you try again in a different time.

after the Seeed SAMD Board version number is update from 1.7.9 to 1.8.0 ,download successful and installed it