Can't get UART Wifi v2 working

Hello. I Just picked up the UART Wifi v2 module and I can’t get it to work. I’ve tried several suggestions found in the forum and I just can’t seem to connect to it.

I’ve uploaded a blank sketch to an Uno board and connected the Wifi v2 module to pins D0 and D1 (Rx and Tx) to keep things really simple. Then I open the serial monitor set it to 115200 baud and to send both NL & CR. I type AT, hit send and get nothing in return. I tried a bunch of other AT commands and still nothing.

Can anyone suggest other things to try? Also, I wonder if I have a bad board because when I long press the “Boot” button the led does NOT turn red so I can’t even get the board into boot mode.

Thanks.

image Serial ports need to be crossed when connecting. Please make sure the hardware is connected correctly.

Yes thank you I double checked that and the ports are crossed. Still no response to AT command and I can NOT enter boot mode when I long press the boot button. When I press the reset button I get the following output. This is the only output I’ve been able to get from the module.

What does your Arduino code look like? May I have a look at it? @farzadb

There’s no code. I have an empty sketch (blank setup() and loop()) uploaded to the Uno and I’m simply using the serial console to send AT commands to the WiFi module.

I tried some code before and I can upload that again and post it here but shouldn’t it work with just sending AT commands via the serial console?

Blank setup() and loop() will not work.
If you’re using Arduino Uno. You can use the following code.

void setup() {
  Serial.begin(115200);
  Serial1.begin(115200);
}

void loop() {
  if (Serial.available()) {      // If anything comes in Serial (USB),
    Serial1.write(Serial.read());   // read it and send it out Serial1 (pins 0 & 1)
  }

if (Serial1.available()) {     // If anything comes in Serial1 (pins 0 & 1)
    Serial.write(Serial1.read());   // read it and send it out Serial (USB)
  }
}

Hello I have the same problem. Do you find an issue for uart wifi ? do you use an base shield to connect the UART wifi to the arduino ?