CANFD Shield and RPi 4

Hello Everyone,

i am trying to test the 2 Channel CAN FD shield on Pi 4. First thing I noticed, that the SPI modules are recognised without the drivers. I have no idea if this is fine.
Second, I try to simply connect the two channels, run in one terminal
cangen can0 -mv
and in another
candump can1

I can see the messages are being generated, but nothing is received on the other side.
Tried it with python, same result.

Is this s known issue, or did anybody succeed here?
Thank you in advance!

@Gabesz This is clearly not normal. Can you provide a photo of your product connection?

Hi I’m having the same issue. When I look in dmesg I see mcp251xfd spi0.0 can0: CRC read error at address 0x0010 (length=4, data=...) The data and CRC change from message to message. This happens for both can0 and can1

Thanks,

Possibly this? https://patches.linaro.org/patch/417238/
Is there an easy way to downgrade this driver to when it worked?

Hi Baozhu, sorry for the late reply. My setup is basically a 1 to 1 connection, CAN1H with CAN2H, and CAN1L with CAN2L. I attached a picture. A Raspberry Touch Display is also attached, but I assume that should not cause problems, as it connects to the display port.

Channel init:
sudo ip link set can1 up type can bitrate 1000000 dbitrate 8000000 restart-ms 1000 berr-reporting on fd on
sudo ip link set can0 up type can bitrate 1000000 dbitrate 8000000 restart-ms 1000 berr-reporting on fd on
sudo ifconfig can0 txqueuelen 65536
sudo ifconfig can1 txqueuelen 65536

Thank you for your support!

Thank you for the link @jorts , I will check it!