CAN Bus Shield V2.0: What do status LEDs mean?

Hi everyone,

I have been trying to use the CAN Bus Shield V2.0 with an Arduino Uno to send frames to a stepper motor driver that requires CAN Bus.

When I open the serial monitor, I see that the shield initialization is successful. The PWR LED is green and is the only LED lighting on the shield, and when I send any command, the Rx and Tx LEDs turn red. The INT LED never lights up.

I tried to look through the documentation and other forums but I cannot find any explanation on what the different status of an LED means. All I found is that the Rx and Tx pins should blink when receiving/sending data, but no explanation about what a red LED means. The Red LEDs will only disappear if I disconnect and reconnect the Arduino’s power. Does anyone know where I can find this information?

Thank you

In red is the interrupt signal

Thanks for sharing. Can you explain what this means? Am I correct to say that according to this, the Rx pin will blink red when receiving data and the Tx pin will blink red when sending data? If it is the interrupt signal, should the INT LED also be red?

When I send a frame, just the Tx and Rx LEDs are a constant red (no blinking) and the INT LED does not light up. Is this trying to tell me the shield is in some kind of error mode?

This one requires a look at the schematic, a deeper look.