Can Bluetooth be easily added to standard BB Green?

We are using standard BB Green with Ethernet port. We need the Ethernet port. But we would like to add a Bluetooth option to this board. Is there a reasonably easy / straightforward way to do it? Can the BB Green Wireless code be used for this add-on? Tks. JL

1 Like

Hello,

The Seeed Studio people put out a BBGGateway. It has WiFi, Ethernet, and BT.

Seth

Great! Thanks so much. This must be fairly new?

Yes. @drizzy,

It is newer than the rest of the boards from what I understand.

Seth

P.S. It has the SiP from Ocatavo w/ the am3358 on it. Here: https://wiki.seeedstudio.com/BeagleBone-Green-Gateway/

@drizzy,

Hello, did you ever figure out how to add BT or WiFi while using Ethernet or did you purchase the BBGG?

Seth

P.S. I ordered the BBGG and I am waiting for the item to arrive. I can let you know how it goes when I boot the board and if you are having issues still, w/ the board, I can then try to compensate.

Hi. Yes, we ordered the BBGG from Europe and waiting for its arrival. First thing we’ll do is plug it into our existing BBG system and see if works. I’ll try to report back.

Nice! I am waiting on mine as I am planning on this frogBot. I want to use some linear actuators and some other hardware for joints and legs for this bot. It should turn out nicely. I have two Motor Bridge Capes and a MotorCape from GHI.

Seth

@drizzy,

The board finally got here. Almost a full month but it is finally in my possession. Do you need me to test anything. For some reason, I see I have a 12v barrel jack on my board.

The instructions say something different but I will need to check the docs. again to make sure. Yep. I was incorrect. The info. on the docs. and the instructions packet say 12v barrel jack.

Seth