BlueTooth Shield

Hello - i’ve been tinkering with the bluetooth shield off and on for a week or so now…

I am attempting to use it as part of a 3 person, engineering design 2 (senior class) for my computer engineering degree program…

I’m having issues connecting to the bluetooth module : I am running the module as the master, and attempting to connect to it with my HTC Evo 4G.

The shield will recognize my phone, based off the set name, and address…it will pop up the dialog box on my phone asking to input the pin…but every time I input the pin (0000, 1234) it just returns a connection failure…

I’ve been through the wiki multiple times and googled around but cannot for the life of me get the two devices to just connect and pair properly…

Any sort of help or guidance will be super appreciated…

Hello,

Bluetooth Shield can not connect to mobile as master, you can try to set Bluetooth Shield as slave.

Deray

That is unfortunate…

Whenever I attempt to pair, or search for the shield when it is in slave mode…my phone cannot find it…

But in master mode, the two devices atleast see one another…

What am I doing wrong? ;/

After uploading the slave code to your Arduino, can the green and blue LED of Bluetooth Shield flash in return ?

Deray