Bluetooth Multimeter

Does anyone have the Bluetooth Multimeter working?
Has anyone managed to download the software without problems? I can’t unzip without errors on any of files.
Is the meter already pre-programmed with the software? Or do I need to use the Arduino IDE, of which I don’t have a clue how to use!
I have used the UartSBee connected to PC via a USB cable, should I see any information from the meter? I get an intial character (looks like it could be ‘BT’ icon) response but then nothing else.
Can anyone help?
Seemed like a good idea at the time! :frowning:

I have never been able to get the bluetooth meter I bought to work. Thought I would give it one more try, nope.
I loaded (new?) software from wiki on Android. I can get the device to connect, at least it says it’s connected, but the meter just shows 0.0
I can turn the 0.0 on and off with the red button. Hold puts up a hold indicator. stop appears to do nothing.
Bluetooth symbol changes color when it “connects” but no other “change”.

So what gives, does this work? There has been plenty of time to fix it…

Could you show a picture(of phone) while measuring voltage or resister? Thanks.

informative idea, after reading this i m thinking to use this :slight_smile:

I posted this under a different heading, but since it is pertinent here, here it is again.
I recently got out my Seeed Studio Bluetooth Multimeter and tried to use it with the original Android app I just downloaded to my Samsung A22 phone. I had to accept that it was insecure software, but managed to get some data to show on the simulated LCD display. However, the function knob is not visible, so I can’t select A or V. It seems to show some numbers by default from the ohm input.
The wiki shows that there are different looking DVM simulations available, but I can’t find them and don’t know whether anything has been updated since the original 12 Apr 2013 apk file available from https://files.seeedstudio.com/wiki/Bluetooth_Multimeter/res/SmartMeterWithUI_Installation_package.zip
Are there any updates, please?
Tony

update:

Progress - I charged an old Android phone - Samsung SM-G900F with Android 6.01. Although connection seems to be difficult, it eventually connects to the bluetooth multimeter and I can see a whole multimeter screen with a knob which lets me select the input, and it works!
I now need to see what I can do with the Arduino software. I believe you can only connect with a USB - serial device, as the USB connector is only for power.
I have been able to see the Bluetooth connection on my Macbook, but I don’t think it is available for programming - only sending data to the apk.

ps - are there any users out there who havn’t confined this unit to the useless items cupboard? I did some Googling and can’t get any hits except on the original Seeed Studio wiki.