Bluetooth Bee PIO1

Hello!

The manual says that PIO1 is the status instruction port: low-disconnected, high-connected.
How is the timing in relation to the status-code message?

Can I assume that the module always sends the status-change message before changing PIO1 to high (when connected) and after changing to low (when disconnected)?
Because I dont want my µC to parse these messages to distinguish between messages from Bluetooth Bee-Module and messages from remote, so the µC have to discard all input while the connection is closed (when the connection is established, the Bluetooth Bee is silent).

Hi,

Yes, the module will return the status message while in different sate, however we did not test the timing in relation to the message and the changing state of PIO1.

Sorry for my humble English, I don’t really understand what’s your meaning. What do you want your system like to work?

Regards,

-Icing

Oh, my english is even worse - by the way: do you speak german?

On the one side the Bluetooth Bee-Module is connected to my smartphone over Bluetooth, on the other side its connected with a microchip over the serial interface.
The microchip acts as translator/converter between a proprietary Ti-Calculator protocol and the good old serial interface protocol.

My goal is that my smartphone communicates with my calculator.

If the calculator gets wrong or unexpected data from the microchip the calc crashes.
Because the microchip don’t know whether data is good or bad for the calc he can’t discard bad data.
For example status messages from the Bluetooth Bee-Module will crash the calculator, so they must be filtered out.
But I don’t want to parse all Bluetooth Bee messages (I have to parse to recognize status messages), so my idea is to test the PIO1 pin, which indicates whether the Bluetooth Bee Module is connected or not.
Because the Bluetooth-Bee won’t send status messages to the microchip while connected to the smartphone, the data must not be filtered (there are no status-messages).

This only works if the connect-status message is always completly sent before PIO1 goes high, and PIO1 goes always low before the disconnect-status messages is sent.
But is this the case?
Otherwise the status-messages will be converted and sent to the calculator which isn’t so good.

I hope you understand my question now.

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply,

I got what’s your mean.

However, I’m not sure “if the connect-status message is always completly sent before PIO1 goes high, and PIO1 goes always low before the disconnect-status messages is sent.” either.

I think you might try that out? We are planning to add a new command to control the status information in the next version.

P.S. I speak Chinese, and try speaking English :wink: .

Regards,