BLE scanning problem using Wio Terminal

I’ve got problem with Wio Terminal, I’ve installed everything according to the instructions, but Bluetooth LE scanning is not working properly. One of my devices, which works as a bluetooth server (Raspberry Pi), is advertising properly name and services. But from Wio Terminal I didn’t see name and service has null UUID:
BLE Advertised Device found: Name: , Address: 1d:fd:3b:eb:27:b8, serviceUUID: <NULL>.

I’ve modified a bit BLE driver and got payload received from terminal: 02010611071BC5D5A502. This payload is only 21 bytes long, payload taken from “nRF Connect” has 89 bytes 02010611071BC5D5A502000499E31111C1C095FC091609436F736D6F7365204465766963652023313530300A.

Screenshot from the “nRF Connect” app:

For tests I’m using code from this sample: https://wiki.seeedstudio.com/Wio-terminal-BLE-introduction/

What could be wrong?

Hi darekbx

Can you get the device name on the nRF connect APP or on your phone?

Best regards
fenyi

Hi, yes, I can get device name both on nRF app and with hcitool on linux.

Hi darekbx
The Wio terminal does have this problem which can not scan the device name sometimes, only a few devices can be scan out. I was using the ESP32 to scan the device, unfortunately, it has the same problem, at the moment you only can use the MAC to recognize the device.
But my team are updating the firmware for the WIFI and BLE modules recently, we will release the new big update soon also the problem will be solved. so please wait patiently, I am so apology about that.

Best regards
fenyi

Thanks for reply :slight_smile: I’m waiting for update and I understand, that there are often some problems with the new stuff.

Any update for this issue?

I also am getting null service uuids and cannot seem to get any information from characteristics.

1 Like