BenF V3.2 can the pre trigger be set?

The BenF V3.2 firmware is great! I was wondering is there a way to set the pre-post trigger? I find my trigger is often a third to half of the capture, and I loose the end of the waveform. I would be more interested in cutting the pre trigger shorter so I can get the whole capture.

You have already tried panning over the buffer, haven’t you? Look at BenF’s PDF manual for a thorough explanation.

HTH,

Antonio

ant9000 wrote:
“You have already tried panning over the buffer, haven’t you? Look at BenF’s PDF manual for a thorough explanation.”

I have read the manual. It states the trigger is centered within the capture. I did, of course, pan the entire buffer. Again it is the post end I am losing. The capture ends before I get the entire signal. If I can shift the pre-post I can therefore extend the post capture. I was hoping I could disable that and set a pre trigger, perhaps in a percentage of the overall wave. Many thanks for your reply.

Are you perhaps using the Nano as logic analyzer?

What you ask for is not supported in the current version, but possibly something to look into for an update. Currently, pre and post trigger buffer usage have equal priority. That is, either will vary between 1/3 to 2/3 of the full sample depth.

One possibility might be to trade the pre-fetch segment for additional post trigger data as a user defined option. This would leave us with 2/3 to 3/3 of the full sample buffer for post triger data (0 to 1/3 for pre-trigger data).

Yes, I think that would be a great feature.

Thanks,
Steve