BeagleBone Green GateWay V1.0

Hello,

It is my first time in this BeagleBone world, but I have already worked with RPI.

I am a bit confused looking for information regarding connecting an SPI module to the board.

I only find information referring to BBB and very old.

Currently I am using “BeagleBoard.org Debian Buster IoT Image 2020-04-06” and I want to connect the board to an ADC-SPI module, specifically ADS1148-Q1.

At the time of configuring the SPI port, everything points to modifying or adding a directory that points to “$SLOTS”, but on my motherboard I can’t find it, I have used the “find” command from the root to try to find it but it is impossible.

Can you guide me or point me to a reference where I can get the help I need to solve this problem?

Thank you very much,

Hi @CP_TSG:
actually, we can use spidev to control spi devices.
the ‘spidev’ has been enabled in our image.
It is convenient to use library of python to control SPIDEV. there is a python link about the spidev.

the SPI pinout we can find it by accessing https://wiki.seeedstudio.com/BeagleBone-Green-Gateway/#spi

Hi @Hansen,

Thanks for your reply.

we are currently using the Adafruit library to access the SPI port.

I appreciate your recommendation and I will use that library,

At the moment I have only been able to send data to the ADS that I have connected, but the response I get is not “readable” or “clear” yet,
I’ll keep working on it