BBC:Microbit LoRa Node external antenna

I have a question similar to this one:

There doesn’t seem to be a BBC:Microbit category in the forum menus here, so I am putting it with Raspberry Pi stuff.
I have loaded the BBC:Microbit LoRa blocks as on the Pi Supply website to get it to transmit, and can see a radio burst using a local SDR receiver, but my nearest Things Network node is probably too far away to receive the signal from the little internal antenna.
The BBC:Microbit LoRa Node came with an external antenna, but I can see that the ufl connector needs a link to connect it to the chip. Do I have to remove the link connecting the internal antenna in order to use the external one? Has anyone been able to use the external antenna?

Tony

I managed to remove the coupling capacitor linking to the internal antenna and resolder it to feed the external antenna as shown in the attached photo. I still have no connection to a Things node here in Leicester, UK.

update - I found on Gitub, that I have done the right thing - this is an inductor and they recommend moving it from internal to external to use the external connection: