Aruino Nano Every with RGB LED Matrix w/Driver Examples

Dear all

I am currently trying to put the RGB LED Matrix w/Driver with the library examples into operation with an Arduino Nano Every.

In file included from /tmp/510712040/custom/Seeed_RGB_Led_Matrix/grove_two_rgb_led_matrix.h:2:0,

from /tmp/510712040/custom/Seeed_RGB_Led_Matrix/grove_two_rgb_led_matrix.cpp:2:

/home/builder/.arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/megaavr/1.8.5/libraries/Wire/src/Wire.h: In function ‘void i2cReceiveBytes(uint8_t, uint8_t*, uint8_t)’:

/home/builder/.arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/megaavr/1.8.5/libraries/Wire/src/Wire.h:62:13: note: candidate 1: uint8_t TwoWire::requestFrom(int, int)

uint8_t requestFrom(int, int);

^~~~~~~~~~~

/home/builder/.arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/megaavr/1.8.5/libraries/Wire/src/Wire.h:60:13: note: candidate 2: virtual uint8_t TwoWire::requestFrom(uint8_t, size_t)

uint8_t requestFrom(uint8_t, size_t);

^~~~~~~~~~~

Does anyone have an idea where I should look?
I can compile other code with i2c “wire.h” without problems…

Many THX. Martin

@salman Did you have a problem compiling this? Can you help communicate this?

Hi @Baozhu. I tried to compile the rgb_display_animation example sketch for Arduino nano and it’s successfully compiled without any error.

The library I used: Seeed_RGB_LED_Matrix , @Mar344 can you try compile the example sketch.

THX Salam & Baouhu

I reistalled the Lib, but the same problem on Nano Every.

@Mar344 can you try with arduino IDE? not web IDE! also try to compile for other boards like Arduino UNO or something using the Web IDE.

THX Salman
with the Arduino IDE the Lib samples works perfect @nano every…
On MKR zero the samples works on the Web IDE.

I can now work with the Arduino IDE, but what is the problem with the Web IDE and the Nano Every?
Am I doing something wrong?

The Nano Every uses ATMega4809 it’s a modern version of the AVR based MCU a so-called megaAVR_0-series. I think that’s why some of the files are showing the compilation error!