Arduino with Relay Shield and Bluetooth Bee

Hi all,

I’m hoping you can help me. I bought an Arduino Uno with a Seeedstudio Relay Shield and Bluetooth Bee in the hope that I would be able to access the Bluetooth Bee from the Arduino so that it can be used as a virtual serial port. Now I’m not so sure that this is possible, since although the documentation for the Relay Shield refers to the Bluetooth Bee once, it then only goes on to talk about the RF Bee in detail.

I have a few questions, which I was hoping someone could help with:

1. Can the Relay Shield be used with the Bluetooth Bee at the same time, i.e. BtBee plugged into the Relay Shield, which is plugged into the Arduino? The documentation states that the BtBee requires 3.3V - would this be supplied if I am plugging in 9V to the Arduino, which is then routed through to power the Relay Shield?

2. Can the Bluetooth Bee be accessed from the Arduino such that serial commands can be read over the bluetooth virtual serial port? If so, does anyone have an example of the configuration? Otherwise, I see that the RFBee can be used to control the four relays without an Arduino being required. I only need to control one of the relays, so would this also be possible with a Bluetooth Bee? I see that the pinout of the Bluetooth Bee differs from that of the RF Bee, so I’m not that confident that it can be used in this way.

I’d be grateful for any advice you may be able to give me. Otherwise I may resort to using a Arduino BT instead. The bigger picture is that I am trying to control the relays from an App on an Android phone.

Thanks in advance,

Hamilton