Arduino UNO R4 WIFI + Grove Base Shield V2 + Grove WS2813 RGB LED Strip Waterproof - 60 LED/m - 1m

Hello community,

I am using the Arduino UNO R4 WIFI with Grove Base Shield V2 to control Grove WS2813 RGB LED Strip Waterproof (60 LED/m - 1m). I tried different examples, but it is not working.

If I use Arduino Mega 2560 Rev3 with Grove Base Shield V2 instead, it works directly with no problems.

Do you know what is the difference between Arduino 3 and 4 in this case? Other sensors like temperature and humidity work with both systems.

Hi there,
you need to consider they are similar but very different. (different LIBs)

The Arduino UNO R4 is an upgraded version of the Arduino UNO R3. The R4 has a number of internal upgrades, including:

• Processor: The R4 uses the ARM Cortex-M4 chip, which operates at a frequency of up to 48 MHz. The R3 has an ATmega328P, which is an 8-bit processor and clocks at 16 MHz.
  • Flash memory: The R4 has 256KB of flash memory.
  • RAM: The R4 has 32KB of RAM.
  • Interface: The R4 has a USB-C interface, which is faster and more universal than the previous USB-B interface.
  • Memory: The R4 has more memory all around
    HTH
    Gl :slight_smile: PJ Code accordingly :v:

@PJ_Glasso I guess he means differences in communication between Board, Shield and Strip. A higher memory or a new USB connection should not harm the Grove Hardware.

I answered what he asked, Maybe :index_pointing_at_the_viewer:YOU know ? and could add something?
I think ,
Without seeing the code It’s merely a guess.
maybe post it using the code tags</>
HTH
GL :slight_smile: PJ

It starts by selecting the proper board either way. so do that.
The shield follows the same standard as every other shield so only additional pins or changes would or could have an effect from the original.
IE, the pins in the sketch would change depending on the pins file. so there’s that.
If you use GPIO numbering or physical pin numbers. could be an effect.
M4 vs MEga is going to require different libs.